Brake for Mk4 (6L)

lluna_polanco

Jul 9, 2018
Hi guys, been a minute.

the reason for me to create this thread is that I need to upgrade the brake disc on my car. They 256mm. Do any of you know which VW car uses the same type of discs?

As I live in the Caribbean I need to purchase performance parts for cars that would be sold in the US, as shipping from anywhere else in the world would just go over my budget.

On a side note, If I can get as an example. The same bolt pattern for a lets say a Jetta with 280mm, would I also need to change the brake master cylinder or it would work with the one I have?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Seeing as no one else has replied, I will offer as much as I know!

The 256mm front disc brakes on your car have a calliper that mounts directly onto the hub carrier - any/all bigger sizes of brakes will need you to replace the hub carrier for one that have a separate calliper mounting bracket bolted on, and that includes Ibiza Cupra, Skoda Fabia VRS and VW Polo GT.

Bustabloodklart

May 2, 2017
Not sure if your car is doable but hopefully someone will chip in...
My FR is now wearing an Audi TT 312mm set up which needed discs, calipers and carriers. It is without doubt the best upgrade I’ve made to the car.
Good luck

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Not sure if your car is doable but hopefully someone will chip in...
My FR is now wearing an Audi TT 312mm set up which needed discs, calipers and carriers. It is without doubt the best upgrade I’ve made to the car.
Good luck

Just to add some extra content to the above posting, if that FR came from factory of came to you with 288mm front brakes, then that is all you needed to do, but if that FR came from factory with 256mm front brakes, the hub assembly would also need to be replaced with the one I mentioned in the posting above this quoted one.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise