Brake kit upgrade and pads? Help needed!

leedscupra_r

Oct 27, 2014
West Yorkshire
Hi everyone. First of all I'm a newbie on here so bare with me lol.
I'm after a new brake kit for the front, wanting to upgrade to grooved discs and some good pads to go along with it. It's for my cupra r (brembo fitting)

I've been looking at the EBC kits and wanted to know what's the difference in some of them as the prices are simular if not the same but have different groove patterns on them?

Also pads. Read mixed reviews on Red stuff being crap, and yellow being the same? I won't be using it on track just fast road use.

So just would like to hear from people themselves and what they have on their own cars.

Thanks

itsonlymoney

Oct 7, 2012
I have got MTEC disks all round with black coating http://www.mtecbrakes.com/
These were about £165 for all four instead of £160 for front EBC

I also use mintex m1144 pads (front only), had them on two cars now and are great.

itsonlymoney

Oct 7, 2012
I have had them before on another car and found no problems with them and that was without the coating, they just went the normal brown on the center after a while.

I have had them on this car for a few thousand miles with the m1144 pads and they are fine. The black coating is still in tact (obviously not including the disc face). I have grooved only which look good too I think. I had EBC usr on my last car and so far I have not noticed any difference.
I read some reviews before buying and also found no problems.

Hope this helps

itsonlymoney

Oct 7, 2012
I forgot to say they do disk and pad deals if you don't want to upgrade your pads.
You can normally get 10% off too with codes in magazines.

He black coating looks better than without and also shows the grooves more as the pad cleans it off the disc during the bedding in process.