Brake Pad Sensor on the LCR

b1nuzz

Oct 27, 2008
Bristol
Hi.

Do all LCR's have brake pad sensors?

The reason i ask is i get some brake rub every now and then, think the brake pads are a little thin, but i haven't got any warning light etc on the dash?

Thanks

mrwookie

Big Daddy...
Mar 22, 2008
Cambs & Herts
Yes generally they do but some pads, like AP Racing, dont have sensors so you have to link out the sensor to clear the dash light. May well be worth whipping off the passenger wheel just to check.

b1nuzz

Oct 27, 2008
Bristol
Im pretty sure it has standard 'put on in the seat garage' pads, but ill whip the wheel off at lunch and have a look. Im not sure what im looking for, but im going to guess, a wire coming out of the housing?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
dont rely on the sensor.. notoriously unreliable... several people are metal to metal without a warning light. Especially check the inner pads for wear as they wear fastest usually and are out of sight

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
leave the old connector still plugged in from the old pads strip the 2 wires and twist the two wires together tape them up and hey presto ;)

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
Bollocks I pick mine up tomorrow

I was gonna have a go at fitting them myself but I have no idea how to put the dash light off

How'd you manage it mate???

its rely dificult what you have to do is
1. bear the end and twist together
2. wind tape around the ends:D

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Cut the plug off the OLD pad, join the two cut end together and the plug this into the plug on the car side.