Brake pad wear warning light

drrn

Hi all.
I have an FR TDI Mk1 Leon and just had my break pads replaced. They were well woren and the steering was viberating everytime I breaked. I thought there was a warning light in the dash when pads got excessively worn. I checked the break area while the pads were being changed and noticed there were no wires present for the break pad warning system. Do the Fr 150 not have this warning system of has mine been removed by the previous owner?

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
What year is the leon, mines 55reg and does, not sure about earlier models.
Do you still get the vibration with the new pads as this is more indicative of worn discs or some other worn component in the steering/suspension bush area ?

drrn

Mine is a 05 plate. No vibratioin now when driving it. Everything ok. One of the old pads was completely worn and was rubbing against the disk. Left a slight mark on my disk so not too happy with that. Roughly how much would a new front disk cost.

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
You buy them in pairs mate, as for the warning light if the light has now gone out then because your pads were that low that they went metal to metal then it will most likely have been the brake fluid level sensor warning light, as the pads get down it uses more fluid to push the piston out more, as it does this the level in the reservoir goes down, when it senses its too low will bring the light on, when they have replaced your pads they will have pushed the piston back and therefore pushed the fluid back into the reservoir making the light go out.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.