Brake Servo Question,

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
rang seat dealers with reg plate no for my 1.8t facelift cupra asking for a replacement servo unit,

the part number they gave me was

1J2 614 106 D

the part number on my servo fitted is:

1J2 614 105 D

question being i can get hold of a new 106D for £85 instead of the seat price of £225, but why has my servo thats fitted showing 105 D,

would the 106 D be a revision,

Help much appreciated, as soon as i can clear this i'll get one because not having power assisted brakes isnt good and im getting bored of it sitting on the drive,

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
In theory 105 and 106 would mean o/s and n/s so guessing lhd and rhd.

But dont have ETKA to check.

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
In theory 105 and 106 would mean o/s and n/s so guessing lhd and rhd.

But dont have ETKA to check.

Realistcally if seat gave me that part no from my reg plate, would it fit in place of the 105D thats fitted to my car or would you say im taking a gamble,

I'll be honest looking at the amount of space behind the engine ans the size of the servo, its going to be one hell of a squeeze getting it out :(

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
You have to drop the engine down on a 1.8T or diesel, no two ways about it as it tucks behind the suspension turret. You have to get it our far enough to clear the pedal rod.

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
You have to drop the engine down on a 1.8T or diesel, no two ways about it as it tucks behind the suspension turret. You have to get it our far enough to clear the pedal rod.

would you say thats possible with a set of axel stands and a couple of jacks? or is it a hoist job,

cheers for the help

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
bit of an update really,

Servo removal wasnt as much of a task as i thought,

its out with the engine in situ, the dogbone, driverside and gearbox mount were all removed and dropped, with the engine supported on jacks,

turbo chargepipe mastercylinder, exhaust and support bracket to intermediate pipe had to be removed engine dropped a good 8 inches, allowing just enough space to remove servo,

im tempted on writing a guide with pics, would this be of any use to anyone?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
bit of an update really,

Servo removal wasnt as much of a task as i thought,

its out with the engine in situ, the dogbone, driverside and gearbox mount were all removed and dropped, with the engine supported on jacks,

turbo chargepipe mastercylinder, exhaust and support bracket to intermediate pipe had to be removed engine dropped a good 8 inches, allowing just enough space to remove servo,

im tempted on writing a guide with pics, would this be of any use to anyone?
It would be a massive help and would be much appreciated too

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
Just a few pics to show where im at, the new servo is in plumbed up but just needs to be bled,

it is possible to remove the servo with the engine in the bay but lowered by a good 8-9 inches

excuse the mess, typical engineer by trade, :p

27022010233.jpg

27022010238.jpg

27022010232.jpg

27022010235.jpg

27022010239.jpg

cuprasbd

Great thread, may I ask why you changed it? what fault did you have with it? I suspect mine has gone too :cry:

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
Great thread, may I ask why you changed it? what fault did you have with it? I suspect mine has gone too :cry:

it had an internal vac leak on the servo, so it'd hiss when you press the pedal, and you'll only have about 35% braking efficiency,

same signs as a vac leak but stiff pedal and bugger all braking

cuprasbd

Ah, Ive lost my pedal and no fluid leak!...mind boggles :confused:

lol

Feb 28, 2010
Southampton
Ohhh hissing when the pedal is pressed is the servo?!

What is hissing with no foot on the pedal, hissing stops when brake is applied, but a bit more play in the brake pedal?!

Could mine be a split brake vac pipe?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.