Brake Squeal but all brake pads, discs and calipers are in good condition

Oct 6, 2019
I've got a 2011 Leon FR CR 140 and had it for the last 5 months and had no issues with it but for the last month getting some break squeal and I have no idea which side its coming from.

Took it to my local garage today and they had a look at the car and after looking though it they found nothing wrong with it as all the brake pads, discs and calipers in good condition also no light on the dashboard about the brake pad thinning when all brake pads have enough padding.

Bought the car at dealership and they did the MOT and service for me and they changed the brake pads and I have bedded the pads during the first few drives. I believe they must have used cheap brake pads but am not too sure why the brake squeal is still present after visual inspection and test breaking.

Any advice on this?

Thanks

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
From my experience, when a garage inspect brakes, they inspect them for safety and function. What I've had to do before is ask them to remove, clean up, grease and refit them. Squeal is basically metal on metal contact (no lubrication) between surfaces. I tend to use Ceratec now for lubing brakes. Which is what's recommended by Haynes... and I think I also read in the workshop manual.

Oct 6, 2019
What discs and pads is it running??

Brembo pads have abit of a habit for making noise

Am not sure, Should have checked with the local garage, As Legojon suggested, I apply ceratec for now and then change pads and discs later on

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members