Brakes!!

Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
Toxic, we are talking carriers here, not calipers. The Audi parts price is per pair for the MkV chassis not the MkIV chassis a la old Leons/Ibizas in the Seat section. Actually the discs/pads aren't a bad price either. I bet you could get some discount for ordering all 3.

Orginal pads fit fine since the caliper is same, its just out on a larger radius.

Braking difference - far less snatch on very light braking than I used to get with 288s, although that could be down to the pads as well. Haven't thrashed them on a good road session yet. Look better under my alloys :)

sorry crispdust, my bad i meant to say calipers. the vw mk5 golf and Audi "Brake Caliper Carriers" are more expensive than the Seat ones when I look.

I dont know if i would go for all 3 parts since I live in NI, the postage would be more than they are worth :cry:

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
I've finalised what I'm doing for my brake upgrade..... ;)

A mate with a Mk5 Golf Gti is buying a set of 345mm Leon Cupra brakes from David @ Sere Motors, which I'm going to fit for him, and in return he's going to give me the 312's that come off his Golf :D

£555 delivered for the 345's is an extremely good price, considering that they're £850+ RRP, plus fitting costs. There are tuners selling the kit fitted for circa £1k....

Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
they might - just. The brembo caliper is quite shallow off the disc perimeter. I have at least 35mm clearance from my 312mm caliper to rim inside. 312 +35 = 347....

Bidey

Hi,
I have SEAT ALTEA 1.9 TDI Reference 05 Reg. What size are the Discs and what is the minimum thickness for both front and rear discs.
Where is the best deal to buy these and typical fitting time?

Bidey fae Perth

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members