Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Brakes

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2 (2006-2012)' started by JamesLCR, Aug 9, 2014.

1. JamesLCR

Well its time for me to change my discs and pads. Is this a job I can do at home? If so how hard is it and how long would it require?

It terms of discs and pads I think I'm just replacing like for like. As I plan to get a big brake kit or a cupra brake kit for my car next summer.

Cheers

2. J400uk

J400uk Active Member

Few videos on YouTube showing the process - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPcyJb-b47c

Mine needed doing the other day but I decided I couldn't really be bothered with the hassle. Local tyre place charged £45+Vat to fit them (bought myself online) so I decided that was the easier option.

3. JamesLCR

Cheers mate. Yeah I've got the pads as I thought that needed done a while back but when I took the wheel off they still had loads of meat. I think it may be a warped disc or its started to warp as it's squeaking under light braking

4. Asce

Sure its warped? Would have thought it would have a pulsing effect on the pedal.

5. Minty9

It's simple mate

6. JamesLCR

Not really mate. It squeaks when I'm not on the brake pedal when I'm moving off