Brands Hatch BTCC Finals Day, October 4th

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
What a day that was. I didn't enjoy it at all, not until the end of race 3! Still can't believe Colin's done it, he's come a long way from the 20 year old uni student I met 7 years ago. Watched the third race in the RAC garage, what an atmosphere. :D Loads of cheering and shouting at the TVs. We were all willing JP to pass Gio, as he had to get to the front and win, but without doing any damage to himself or anyone else. I doubt I'll ever experience anything like that again, the pressure was so high. All ended well though, Colin won, VXR lost with their pathetic tactics and I have to say, Plato did well, as I was worried he'd just ram his opponents off, but he actually drove with some class.

Had a seat in the winning car at the end, bit of a squeeze as it's set up for someone 10 kilos lighter and 4 inches shorter than me! :lol:

9023_169705162418_636647418_4266261_7766014_n.jpg

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Plato did well, as I was worried he'd just ram his opponents off, but he actually drove with some class.

Call it what you want, JP brings something to the BTCC that no other driver does. Yes Colin won the Championship and big congratulations go to him, but he did it playing safe which appeals to some.

Great race 2 for Fulvio on Saturday. A well deserved 2nd place and then 4th on Sunday. Thanks to Fulvio, Hannah, Kathryn and Carl and all the team for all the little chats, souvenirs and the chance to let the Mini-briefs look all over Gizmo at various meetings. :cheers: If you're not already involved then do so next season it adds a whole new dimension to being a race fan. They really make you feel like an insider. Nice to get Fulvio's personal commentary as we all watched race 3of BTCC. He screams and shouts just like us ;)

Thanks Tim and sorry about Fulvio's language! It was a little bit on the exciting side - even for a racing driver! Apparently even Gow was chewing his nails!

A massive thank you to all you guys for supporting us this year - it made all the difference and looking forward to April already!

Don't worry about the empty winter months - we've got planty to keep you going!

H:p

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Call it what you want, JP brings something to the BTCC that no other driver does. Yes Colin won the Championship and big congratulations go to him, but he did it playing safe which appeals to some.

He played it safe, but also used aggression when he needed to, like on Sunday when he had enough of Jordan's weaving in R29 and Neal's slow driving in R30 and pushed past. JP is pure aggression 99% of the time which doesn't really appeal to me, but then I grew up with the old days of the BTCC where stuff like that was really frowned upon. :)

LE-6N-D5

awesome pictures ipd!
i loved the final race, i want platos overtake on my phone from 1st race, cant find it no where tho *sniff sniff*

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
Was a spectacular event really enjoed it. Now we need to see where the drivers all end up. Also I guess everyone will be independant next year...so changes things al little. It will be the only title on offer

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
What a day that was. I didn't enjoy it at all, not until the end of race 3! Still can't believe Colin's done it, he's come a long way from the 20 year old uni student I met 7 years ago. Watched the third race in the RAC garage, what an atmosphere. :D Loads of cheering and shouting at the TVs. We were all willing JP to pass Gio, as he had to get to the front and win, but without doing any damage to himself or anyone else. I doubt I'll ever experience anything like that again, the pressure was so high. All ended well though, Colin won, VXR lost with their pathetic tactics and I have to say, Plato did well, as I was worried he'd just ram his opponents off, but he actually drove with some class.

Had a seat in the winning car at the end, bit of a squeeze as it's set up for someone 10 kilos lighter and 4 inches shorter than me! :lol:

Lucky so-and-so!! But then you did know Turks as a fellow uni student (I would love to have gone to your uni just so I could have met Colin - I wouldn't be bothered about learning owt. I would just want to meet him) so that enables you to get to places most don't even know exist.

We are fortunately identical in one respect. We still cannot believe Turks is champion. It has probably something do do with the fact for the first time since certainly before 2001 we have a driver who isn't a Vauxhall driver but likely he has probably matured faster and better than any other young driver.

Hope Turks can defend his title.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.