1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Brembo 4x100 GB - feeler as requested

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by ibizacupra, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Mat

Mat Guest

just got back in from doin that ;)

Still bloody good even though they aren't "bedded in"

At slow speeds I'm either stopped or moving. Still getting used to them :D

2. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend
    Forum Sponsor

i always used to say warn your passengers about the dashboard they are imminetly about to headbutt
    :p

3. gregorcupra

gregorcupra Active Member

For anyone who missed out on the group buy but still wants a set , I am selling mine.

Brand new in box. Gutted but change of circumstances means they have to go :(

4. Mat

Mat Guest

unlucky mate

Bill.... I might get a sticker to put on the sun visor. you know like the ones showing a picture of a womans chest with a red circle and line through it and a slogan like "This car is fitted with a turbocharger, please remove any tight or restrictive clothing blah blah blah", but in regards to head + dash + brembos = ouch

5. cupramillo

cupramillo The "Red Baron"

What sort of milage of sensible driving do you think is good Bill? Getting mine on next week when she goes for her 70k service

6. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

ease a heat cycle into them, not stamping on it from the get go. keep an eye for disk face having even wear on the faces, and they should be in.. if road use, its 50-100 miles of normal driving approx

7. cupramillo

Thanks Bill, i rack up 100miles a week any way, so a week of normal driving it is :)

8. Mat

Mat Guest

pretty much done 100miles since yesterday :D

9. cupramillo

Hi Bill,

dropped my car into AMD Woking to fit my brembos, all went on ok, picking it up tomorrow, the guy that worked on my car said i will need longer wheel nuts on the front for "piece of mind" as i had to use 5mm spacers to clear. Do i really need longer wheel nuts on a 5mm spacer?

thanks

10. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

yes.. std wheel bolts are only good for std wheels, there is no excess on them.

11. cupramillo

How much am i looking at for a set of longer wheel bolts for the fronts running 5mm spacers? You can PM me if you like, need this done asap.

Got back from picking the car up just now from its 70k service and brake fitting. Been taking it easy on the new discs and pads but i alreadfy feel they have soooo much stopping power in them to give over standard. Simon as AMD said i have to go through several heat cycles with the brakes, 20mph to stop then increasing the speed and giving breaks in between. Is this necessary or shall i just drive as normal for 100miles or so?

#251 cupramillo, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  12. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

they are £1.50/bolt +vat & carriage
    radius or taper seat type?
    regards

13. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

given they have road pads in them, gentle use for first 100 or so miles is'nt bad advise, but nor is the build a heat cycle progressively either.

just dont cane them from the get-go

14. cupramillo

I have aftermarket 17' OZ Superleggeras but im running my standard IC wheel bolts, so not sure what type they are.

Can i just have eight of the longer normal IC ones please?

15. __B3NNY__

__B3NNY__ OEM with a 'Twist'

Just picked mine up from the garage, first impressons are very good pedel feels very firm and responsive.

When turning right i heard a slight jingle jangle sound for about 1/2 a mile then it went away, so i might have to keep an ear out just incase in the mean time but ill whipit off over the weekend.

They had to remove my balancing weights because the caliper caught on them! Theres only about 6/8mm clearence with the seat sport super T`s lol!

Look the dangles under the wheels tho!

16. cupramillo

Yeh they do look very menacing with the grooved disks. Will take some getting used to after moving from standard ibiza brakes. At the mo slower speeds in traffic is harder to judge... on or off!!

17. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

when i ran these on std seat sport OZ's the balance weights would have the balance weight number rubbed off them such was the proximity of them to the caliper! and that was how SEAT supplied em.. muchos closos

18. __B3NNY__

__B3NNY__ OEM with a 'Twist'

Very close indeed, as said love the look!

What i should of said is they re-located them to the outer edge rather than just remove them.

Any perticular reason why they sqeel? I know the brembos on my brothers evo did the same so i assume its normal?

#258 __B3NNY__, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  19. cupramillo

I just got back from work, and mine started to squeel every so slightly when you very lightly press the brakes. Only seem to be squeeling on the right hand side, or maybe i just hear it more there as im sitting on that side?:confused:

20. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

copper slipped up the pads and edges?