1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Brembo Disk Upgrade Available. 305x28

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by ibizacupra, Mar 1, 2004.

1. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend
    Forum Sponsor

There is finally a quality manufacture Brembo disk upgrade available for 305x28 users, in 4x100 fitment.

*Brand New*
    [​IMG]

Prices are £105 +vat/each plus carriage

regards
    Bill

{edit-previous options removed}

#1 ibizacupra, Mar 1, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  2. BenS1

BenS1 Full Member

Bill, is this the Bell Mount solution you were developing with Autotechniks or not?

Are the discs supplied to you grooved, or do you get them flat and get the grooves machines in yourself?

Cheers
    Ben

3. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

These are one pice disks... bell mounted option is would you believe, (yes you would - you're in the Jabba queue :rolleyes: ), IS STILL in progress.

Am taking this back on myself to try and make this work.

Bell mounted is not going to be cheap tho no matter how I try to keep the costs down. Brembo disks for example in rotor 2 piece spec are >£200 each plus vat, not including bells.

These new one piece disks should be of higher quality grade castings, by Brembo. They are supplied drilled/grooved etc to the specs listed, from Brembo. They're not drilled or machined by me in any way.

Needless to say I am getting soem on order ASAP to bung on me own motor to test. :) Chief test pilot... product tester (breaker)

regards
    Bill

#3 ibizacupra, Mar 1, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  4. BenS1

BenS1 Full Member

Well I'm definately up for a set of the Bell Mount ones when they are complete, but if I need some new ones before then then I will probably get some of your groved ones.

Cheers
    Ben

5. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

New Disks are on their way to me now...... finally.
    Will post piccies as soon as they arrive.

cheers
    bill

6. ROBBIE

ROBBIE Guest

Bill,

I have a Leon Cupra R, I need some new brake pads and im thinking of getting some new disks also. Do the disks listed above fit the LCR and if so what break pads do you recommend...

Would you be able to list prices also cheers
    Rob..

7. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

Hello
    Well new grooved disks for 305x28 Ibiza are in...
    I have been very happy with Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads, but these do not come with wear sensors. Price is £144+vat. In my experience they have been x3 longer lasting as well as extremely good stoppers, better than OE. - you will boil fluid before fading these pads.

Regular LCR disks are ok, with a groove option being looked into. They are not cheap tho unfortunately. ~£100 each approx +_vat for std ones plus machining.

regards
    bill

8. ROBBIE

ROBBIE Guest

Ok cheers for the info. Are you able to get hold of the pads if so when would you have them by and how long for delivery.?
    Are the disks available now or being worked on.?
    Also i remember that Castrol ( i think) did some special high temp break fluid you had a trouble getting that to boil...are you able to get this...if so how much?
    cheers
    again Rob...

9. BenS1

BenS1 Full Member

Interesting. I've just had a look at the Castrol Super DOT 4. Its datasheet is here:

Castrol Super DOT 4

Note that its boiling point is ONLY 280C dry, 190C wet. That doesn't seem particularly high to me!!! ??? Still, if Bill hasn't boiled it then it must be Ok. :D

Ben

10. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

Hmmm. reading that I would'nt use it, but its been working fine ever since last summer on many a hot track day....

Bought mine from here>> http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/

regards
    bill

11. edc

edc Blue Leather & Shiny Bits

12. BenS1

BenS1 Full Member

13. ROBBIE

ROBBIE Guest

I had a Pulsar GTI-R before i bought the LCR. The breakes on that were s**t...!!! i changed the pads and got this fluid and it made a huge differance. I never had break fade in thw whole time i was using it....

14. Miridor

Miridor Utopia in Sound is Bliss

Bill as you know i've been looking into drilled disk for some time but have been warned away because of cracking etc.. ?
    I love the look but i don't want the cracks :)

How much would the grooves reduce pad wear do you think? I am only getting about 5 K a pair at the mo :-o

James

PS finally got my Audi running again yesterday after many a bleeding knuckle trying to get the fuel assembley back in but she started first time (6 Months standing)

15. RobDon

RobDon Pro Detailer

The best drilled discs have cast in holes, like Porsche - if the holes have been drilled after casting then they WILL crack at some point, the more track use the earlier they will crack. I haven't noticed any accelerated pad wear with grooved discs, best to get a grooved disc with no more than 6 grooves though - that's what Godspeed recommend and they make brakes for motorsport, they also recommend grooved only if you're doing trackdays.

16. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

I have only ever experienced cracking on aftermarket drilled disks.. Groove is my preference. LCR ones can be grooved, and this is next on my list of things to get done. I run grooved on Golfy... Not excessive pad wear at all. 4K and a lot of 160mph stops.

Consider performance pads like Carbon Metallic.... expensive but last x3 longer for me.. (£144+vat for em)

Collect s8 tonight! woohoo. :D

17. Miridor

Miridor Utopia in Sound is Bliss

Do you guys think that the 20 Groove + drilled is over kill then?
    I'm happy with the performance of the Brembo's just want a nicer look ;) (No i'm not a Kev)

There's going to be these to big beast's going to shows towing Ibiza its just that one is a poverty model ;)

18. ROBBIE

ROBBIE Guest

How about EBC green stuff pads....??? I spoke to AMD and they recomend them has any one else tried them if so how do they get on...???

Any idea how much the grooving cost on standard disk's..

19. RobDon

RobDon Pro Detailer

Compared to the Pagid fast roads i'm using just now I found them very soft and not much good TBH.

20. ROBBIE

ROBBIE Guest

Do Pagid do pads to fit the Brembo's if so how much and where can i get them...