Brembos seized

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Guys i am needing your help as my poor ibiza is now off the road till this is fixed.

One of the pistons is seized on my caliper, the car in question is an ibiza cupra r with brembo calipers, Is there a refurbishing kit for these or how do i refurbish them.

Thanks

William

daves ibiza

soz to hear that mate .can i ask how old they are mate

and probs best to speak to bill with brembos

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
The cars a 51 plate and originally came with brembos,

Yes i am hoping he pops his head in here was hoping i was just being stupid and its an easy fix.

daves ibiza

put a thread in his section he normally deals with brembos mate

daves ibiza

i just put in brembo service kit in google have a look bud

thegooner

Oct 14, 2009
try giving seat a call for a repair kit. had a look on ETKA but could only find a seal kit for them and a repair fit containing :
that was it seals were around £17 kit was around £38

thegooner

Oct 14, 2009
cheers makes a bit more sense now as there was no pics just a seal kit near the bottom and a repair kit but no real info.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Well i have got the piston moving but the dust boot has been sacrificed in the process so only need them now.

What is ETKA can you order from them?

thegooner

Oct 14, 2009
ETKA is the parts catalogue that VAG use. unfortunately i cant order thrugh them as dont have a registered shop number. but if you go into seat they should be able to help you

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Cheers guys, the piston finnaly freed ;ast nioght after soaking in some grease for a while, all cleaned up and nice,

Will order the dust boots but the pistons have cleaned up and a ok.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise