Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Broken fog light

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by si-mate, Jan 5, 2011.

1. si-mate

si-mate Jai Ho or Jay Ho?

My girlfriends car is due an MOT on Friday and I've just remembered the O/S fog light is broken. Is the glass / plastic cover replaceable or do I need the whole unit?

Any part numbers would be appreciated, cheers.

2. GlanzaV

GlanzaV I start fires!

You need a whole unit - I got a replacement unit from EBay for ~£30.

For the MOT though, do you not only need the rear foglight to be functioning by law? (As some cars don't have front foglights?) Or is it a case of where you have them, they have to work? Maybe a friendly MOT tester can clarify?

3. boomhauwer

boomhauwer 1.4 TDI Turbomotive :D

indeed, the whole unit, replaced mine couple months back...132€...FOR ONE SIDE!

4. GlanzaV

GlanzaV I start fires!

I got mine from here: NP AutoParts - EBay

The one I have linked to is for the pre-facelift Ibiza. Ibiza's after 2006 have a "flat/angled" face to the foglight. They don't have one listed here, but I have a feeling they might be common with the altea foglight?? You could compare the pic on ebay with your unit?

5. si-mate

si-mate Jai Ho or Jay Ho?

I'd better get it replaced whether or not its needed for the MOT I think.

Is this the right part? LEFT FOGLAMP 5P0941703 £66.05 (+ BACKING £10)

I'm assuming left is as you look at the front?

6. DEAN0

DEAN0 Old Git

Left ( N/S ) and Right ( O/S ) are normally as you sit in the drivers seat so a LEFT fog light should be nearest the kerb

7. FR_MATT

FR_MATT Active Member

I broke the passenger foglight on mine and got the Leon 05-on (mk2) from that NP autoparts ebay shop. Looks pretty identical for about 30 pound. It has a screw instead of a torx screw for adjusting the angle is all I can see difference. I'm just about to lamix it.

I'm pretty sure that so long as it didn't look dangerous eg sharp glass sticking out then front foglights arent a requirement you should be okay, specially if its only the cover.

8. DEAN0

DEAN0 Old Git

If it's a light and its fitted to the car it must have the lens intact and work for the MOT.

Best bet it to take BOTH fog lights out for the MOT and source another fog light at your liesure.

9. chrisRibiza

chrisRibiza Active Member

My 07 Ibiza sport fog lamp was the same as the alteas after some researching.

It you take out the lamp unit, the part number is stamped on it and a google search will tell you what else uses the same one.

10. dan666

dan666 Active Member

If you have front fogs they must be in working order. Same with rear wiper if its there it must work