Brummy's MkII Golf...Retro fun...

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Right,
shiney exhaust pictured previously now sold on/shipped out..

have bought 'new' shoes... *so whats new? lol

these for next winter..
26090uf.jpg

(Fake splits FTMFW ! lol.. need refurbing but ive already started on them.. just need to decide on a colour for the centres)

and these babies for later in the summer.. they need something doing too.. either a paint or a polish,, as yet im undecided...
qpp3xy.jpg

:D

Last edited:

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
The fake split ones look ace Brummy! Not a huge fan of the massive 6-sided bit with the VW logo on it, but still. Might be cool to paint the centers the same color as the car?

Summer ones look pretty nice too, but I have no idea how they'd suit the car to be honest :p

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
the fakes were literally an impulse buy.. so cheap due to them being pretty battered, but something to do on those evenings after work when sat in the garden with a beer ;)
have run the idea of colour coding the centres, but have a few other options too ;)

The TH's will probs be clened/rubbed and sprayed silver to get through this summer then we'll see what next year brings for them. have the rubber for them in my shed so no biggie on that side.. just need the time/weather for getting them done.

Last edited:

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
That's what I did ; ) but I wasn't trying to be scene. Just a true wheel lover

Also I have my th splits and bbs rf splits that would look the ticket on your car.

Talk to me ; )

Last edited by a moderator:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Just cought up with this thread again, I love how you're so active in swapping bits over and doing mods John. Makes me feel young and all warm inside. Good on ya!

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Ollie, if your talking pretty much straight swaps, talk to me, other than that, cash is tight man. Nath.. Im probs older than you, so im reliving my youth ;)

And Sammy-Kins.. the fakes are 15 (would i go anything else?) by 7" and have 4x100 and 4x 108 settings. I'll stick spacers on the rears to enhance the look when they on. ;)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
That's what I did ; ) but I wasn't trying to be scene. Just a true wheel lover

Also I have my th splits and bbs rf splits that would look the ticket on your car.

Talk to me ; )

This, I ran mine in Winter....C5 wheel armour FTMFW :D

You know I am kidding, run them if they suit it dude :)

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
for sixty quid Suj icgaff if i ruin them ;) .. ill'furb them up some over the summer, couple of quid on autosol , couple of tins of spray, so easily sub 100 quid all in as ive got spare rubber in the shed ready to go on and the car should look relatively reasonable for the crappy months. popped out in the Goof earlier and the thought of getting shot of the cookies crossed my mind, so you know where that will lead if i do..

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
When it's sunny, come meet up yooooo, i'll get some shots of her :)
(let me know in advance so I can charge batteries lmao, hardly use the DSLR any more lol)

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
i do like the compomotives, id love a set but i went for the cheaper alternatives, but more than likey sell them, i want so super dooper 14's but i want to spend £50 and have change! lol

08052012524.jpg

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Dan (orangeMuffin) had some of them on his Vento.. they look tidy rims. :D
Ive just been cleaning my Exips of all the brake dust etc so i can give them a quick spray up in the next couple of days (weather permitting) and they may well be back on as im fed up of scrubbing the tyres on the cookies, whilst im getting something sorted with the Comp's