Brummy's MkII Golf...Retro fun...

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
if i had anywhere to do them Bhaji -San , i would!... this weather doesnt do anyone any favours for wheel furbing or anything, took the exips out to the garden today to wash them ready for a mini furb and its rained ever since! :(

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
well they should be rain washed by the morning. . ill drag 'em into the shed then and towel dry them . then if its dry fri/sat ill tape 'em up and gie them a blast of spray.

;)

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Actually got some work done on the rims today in between the showers, all masked up and coated ready for the topcoats over the weekend. hope to get the track rod ends done within the next few days too so pics to follow once all done.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
2z7pj5c.jpg

Damn shiny!! think i may tone them down a bit.
:)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
[:@]

WRONG WHEELS PAINTED lol, looks good btw, I wanna see the Comps on mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Comps need work before i get to do anything Suj... they (well three.. ones brand spanking new as the other one in the original set was smashed) are a little kerb bitten so need a sand down etc to start with.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Shhneeky peek..
(next years winters.. wanted to make sure they fit before i start going all out refurbing them)

347gop1.jpg

chucked it on whilst replacing

20iexl1.jpg

as i think the old one(s) were a little Fubar'd ;)

eslsn9.jpg

:happy:

Last edited:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
N/S tie rod changed too now.. been out for a spin to pick up a few odds and sods and given it a blat around.. seems a lot better than it was steering /road vibration wise now. Possibly need to pull the camber slightly, but its near enough bob on. Damn thing needs a vac and a bloody good clean now tbh its manky!

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Y'not wrong Dave, Weston Park it is (was) *your also not wrong in the notifications normally being about wheels neither ;)

Comp's.
6scgtz.jpg

Trial fit today..

Have an issue with one of my adaptors, so the cookies are off and its now sat like this (rear spacers should be on tomorrow, as the bolts need cutting down a tad )
ftg1ua.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.