Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

BT Shopping list?

Discussion in '(Archived) Engine Discussion and Tuning' started by jamiebennett81, Jan 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Hi all

well I will really need your help with this one guys

having been some what in experienced or naieve to the "true" cost of going BT, I am not going to go Big Bang style, but collect the parts on a monthly basis, so to lead to a full kit of internals ready for the install in 12 months time maximum

so, what I really need to know is the make, model and part numbers of the bits I need to get

so far, I understand I need the following for internals or the actual parts that can be bought separately from the turbo kit

Forged rods
    ARP headbolts
    New oil pump
    Supertech valves
    Supertech springs
    Stem seals
    Injectors
    Fuel pump

anything else? (apart from the main turbo kit pieces, gaskets and bolts of course)

and help on the above please:)

2. DPJ

DPJ ...........

3. cupra_matt

cupra_matt Audi Technician

Forged rods (pauter) i run these and so does bill in his race car. In my ibiza i ran (THS)

ARP headbolts Not essential but good to have

New oil pump Genuine VAG part

Supertech valves Essential

Supertech springs Only needed if going abouve 8K Rpm limit

Stem seals Genuine VAG parts i would of thought

Injectors (Genesis 550cc) these were in mmy ibiza and were nice (RC 550cc) in my octy and not so good for cold starts.

Fuel pump ( Bosch 044 )

As for prices i am out of date now as exchange rates are all to pot these days, but my first port of call would be Bill ( badger5). Very decent and honest man and probs the cheapest and most helpful there is when going this route.

Also regarding fitting, if your not doing this yourself, then Bill again would be my first and only choice.

Hope this helps a little.