1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

BTCC 2008 predictions

Discussion in 'Motorsport News and Discussion' started by m0rk, Aug 20, 2007.

1. richard_c_61

richard_c_61 Guest

Whilst i think JP is a god, i don't agree, saw him in qualifying, yes he was fast and expectations were great for Sunday, but on Sunday he was slow off the grid and in my opinion not at his best and gained his points from others misfortune. He can drive better and hopefully he will win the title.

2. Stu B

Stu B DarthWombleIII & WombleII

3. Muzorewa

Muzorewa ¡Muchas gracias señores!

There's nothing wrong with Darren Turner, he is a very clean driver - a style which he has generated over the years (and still does) racing sportscars. Some of the BTCC drivers should be more at home in the Renault Clio demolition derby, they would never get away with it in the WTCC, that's for sure.

4. richard_c_61

richard_c_61 Guest

Part of the current popularity of BTCC is the aggresive, competitive driving and the action it provides, perhaps Darren should be given a WTCC drive where the likes of Chilton (aka KNOB) Onslow-Cole would not interfere with his clean driving style.

PS Where are you standing at Knockhill come and have a chat if you want??

5. F2 Stu

F2 Stu I. Am. Legend.

One cant help thinking he's driving at lemans in an aston where the race isnt won in 20 mins of racing....

6. Muzorewa

Most of the time at the exit of the hairpin, guaranteed action ;)

7. richard_c_61

richard_c_61 Guest

I'll come and have a chat with you then, wife and teenager in tow but the're well up on BTCC dragged them round all season and had SEAT tatooed on their heads in case they forget why we're there.

8. Muzorewa

I'll have the Mini-Muzzes with me, maybe even Mrs Muz. We'll also be at the banger-racing at Cowdenbeath, I think the Renault Clios are going some testing there :funk:

9. Leon

Leon Full Member

I'd be gutted personally if Plato left SEAT and the BTCC.

But I heard a rumour a while ago he was a bit annoyed when SEAT recruited new drivers to the WTCC, where he would like to be. From a career point of view I don't blame him for wanting to be world champion!

10. JasonP06

JasonP06 Full Member

Where did you hear this?

I would be gutted too if Jase' left. But it is just I think I perhaps feel stronger that Jase' is commitment to SEATSport UK and am sceptical about any immediate strong desire to enter the WTCC. Until I hear anything from Jase' that has any tones of wanting to leave the BTCC.

But as this is meant to be 2008 predictions, say Jase does decide whether he wins a second BTCC Drivers Championship or not race somewhere else. Who do you think SEAT could attract?

I think out of the current crop I see Gareth Howell as being the only one available but we all know why Motorbase axed him. Because his crashing was costing the team money and they were losing out on testing time because of the time they were speding repairing the cars. What about Dan Eaves?

11. Leon

Leon Full Member

I think it was towards the end of 2005 I heard Jason was pushing to get a "step up" to the WTCC team.

12. DANNY H

DANNY H Full Member

Too right, too much money, not enough talent. Bit like a lot of the other drivers on the grid. Not enough professional drivers like JP and DT.

How about Matt Jackson in the SEAT line up with DT in a weisel?

How about a Honda not barging some else off the track???

13. CupraTDI_Rob

CupraTDI_Rob 2004 Leon Cupra TDI

This weekends races will play a major part in deciding the drivers championship, if Gio takes more points out of Jason at Knockhill then, barring any bad luck for Gio at Thruxton, I think the title is Gio's.
    IMO Jason has to out score Gio at Knockhill and then the pressure will be more on Gio at Thruxton, because the Vectra will be quicker around Thuxton and at least if Plato has a bit of a lead going to Thruxton he can just shadow Gio like at Brands, because IMO the Leon won't be able to beat the Vectra there, thats all assuming neither driver has any bad luck of course like being punted off, a puncture etc.
    OK so Jason won a race at Thruxton earlier this year but since then VXR have developed the Vectra a lot where as SEAT seemingly haven't made the Leon much quicker at all, so if the Leon has a slight advantage at Knockhill then Plato needs to make full use of it.

I just hope that Gio and Jason get to fight for the title themselves and another driver, like Chilton, doesn't get involved and punts Plato off.

As for next year, I'd have thought that SEAT would run the TDI's seeing as the petrol Leon has reached the end of its developement. Hope that Jason would stay, and Darren too, he has been very unlucky this year, but I din't know if he has shown enough speed, compared to Jason, to keep his drive.

14. m0rk

m0rk sarcasm comes free
    Site Owner

So to recap

Motorbase have their Toledo's up for sale
    GR Asia are running 1x Toledo and 1x Leon

I'm not doing too badly so far and he 2007 season's not up yet

15. ZBOYD

ZBOYD Looking up at the stars!
    Site Owner

RML have secured another contract with Chevrolet to run in the WTCC. So we might lose out on Huffy again. :p But he might be tempted to join SEAT now ;)

16. m0rk

m0rk sarcasm comes free
    Site Owner

OK, I've been thinking now.....

Huffy won't come to SEAT BTCC... Tom Chilton will.... the more I think about it.... and the more 'rumours' from certain people I read the more it ties together. :ban:

17. tris

tris The Daddy

Tom Chilton in a SEAT

Why?

18. m0rk

m0rk sarcasm comes free
    Site Owner

just thinking aloud

but someone will get roshamboed (cartman style) if that happens

19. tris

tris The Daddy

If he is not good enough in a title winning Vauxhall he wont be any good to SEAT

20. ArosaRacer

ArosaRacer Kamakazie Wee man

chilton does'nt have the skill to eek out the most of the Leon's Chassis, Tom the mad dutch man does!