BTCC 2010 - Thruxton

Leonidas

No word on Tom, was he decent? Dosnt look like a decent result :(

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
A Good days racing - I've come back sun/wind burned AGAIN! That is 3 years running now!!! lol

Well done Plato - it might not be a SEAT but he's still up there fighting for the top spot!

westallc

Jan 25, 2009
they must have had some kind of engine trouble as when it was running it was still over 2 secs alap slower than the slowest person

hard track and 1st outing learning lots good luck for the next few races.

matt neal what the heck was he thinking fun to watch

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No word on Tom, was he decent? Dosnt look like a decent result :(

He managed to get 6 points from the weekend, with a commendable 5th place finish in Race 1. He finished the other 2 races but outside the points.

Not bad considering its not really a competitive car, especially at Thruxton one of the Leon's worst circuits even when it was a factory run car.

It doesn't have the power and lacks the aero to compete at this fast circuit. Its seemingly fairly reliable so far though, it might find some pace at the slower twisty circuits.

Leonidas

He managed to get 6 points from the weekend, with a commendable 5th place finish in Race 1. He finished the other 2 races but outside the points.

Not bad considering its not really a competitive car, especially at Thruxton one of the Leon's worst circuits even when it was a factory run car.

It doesn't have the power and lacks the aero to compete at this fast circuit. Its seemingly fairly reliable so far though, it might find some pace at the slower twisty circuits.

If it was me id throw the new NGTC engine into it!!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
If it was me id throw the new NGTC engine into it!!

Not allowed under the NGTC regs as far as I'm aware. Must be a saloon ala Vectra.

The face of BTCC (if the regs are properly adhered to) will be very different next year when the regs are fully enforced.

This year it seems almost anything goes, technically they stretched the rule book to allow the AmD Golf to compete. Not sure how it will pan out next year.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
A Good days racing - I've come back sun/wind burned AGAIN! That is 3 years running now!!! lol

Well done Plato - it might not be a SEAT but he's still up there fighting for the top spot!

+1 to the sun/wind burn... I was there too today and the cloud/sun was on/off like a yoyo...

Great day though :D

BTCC.net - Plato says Chevy played it cool today, no risk strategy, aimed for 30 points, succeeded and just wanted to finish. But will go for it at Rockingham. Standard Plato! :lol:

Giovanardi is faultless as per, but there's doubts he will even make the rest of the season. I personally hope so as he does set a good benchmark for our newbies/aspiring youngsters to the series being such a well mannered professional driver with epic talent. Glew, MacDowall to name a couple of those young'uns aiming for BTCC success after proving themselves in Clio Cup.

On the subject of AMD and Shaun's Golf.. It was awesome to finally see it running after following the build on their website.

Ok there's going to be teething probs this early on and the BTCC is of course, TOUGH! He done well today though and the 2nd race battle with John George's Integra was really good fun to watch. I have my fingers crossed the issues can be sorted one by one and by the end of the season the Golf is running near the front! Shaun drove the socks off the Golf today. :)

I was sitting at the 1st corner on Complex and I could just about see a few LCR's by some tents behind some burger van in the distance..

Hopefully make Rockingham in 3 weeks

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Not allowed under the NGTC regs as far as I'm aware. Must be a saloon ala Vectra.

The face of BTCC (if the regs are properly adhered to) will be very different next year when the regs are fully enforced.

This year it seems almost anything goes, technically they stretched the rule book to allow the AmD Golf to compete. Not sure how it will pan out next year.

Shame, but at least there's a Leon there I guess :shrug:

Fingers crossed Shaun and the Golf are there next year. It sounded sweet and flamed like a dragon! :cartman:

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian

They could have used it if they wanted. The Vectras are still S2000 cars, but running with that engine. That's a combination which Toca have allowed to enter. Complete NGTC cars will be allowed to enter from 2011. From what I've read, it's not quite as simple as bolting the engine into any car. It's the whole front subframe assembly and the engine which has to change and that will need to be different for every car it's in. And anyway, an engine which has been developed from a Vauxhall unit in a Leon? ;)

Matt Neal being a :w4nk: as usual. I don't miss driving like that.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Where can I watch the ITV4 races from Thruxton?

Watched Race 1 on youtube. But there's only half of race 2 and no race 3 on youtube :(

ITV4 player? Looked on the site but no record, do I need to register on there or something?

Cheers

Where can I watch the ITV4 races from Thruxton?

Watched Race 1 on youtube. But there's only half of race 2 and no race 3 on youtube :(

ITV4 player? Looked on the site but no record, do I need to register on there or something?

Cheers

Seems to take a few days for it to load up. There are highlights http://www.btcc.net/html/tvtimetable.php - this is a useful ref point.

Just a massive thanks to the BA this weekend - sorry I didn't trek over - thought the lure of cake might get all of you camped with us!

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
Right some pics from Thruxton

Fulvio with new cooling mod....

DSC_3716a.jpg

DSC_3721a.jpg

he does like going onto 2 wheels tho. Good lad. :D

DSC_3778a.jpg

DSC_3824a.jpg