Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

BTCC Arches!

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by paul26982, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Faisal

Faisal UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR

if i was feeling brave id go for this bumper for the slits in the side

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

coupled with the arches above :D

2. kineticz

kineticz Forever moddin'

Not a fan of vents tbh

3. grahams81

grahams81 Active Member

I'm with kineticz - not a fan, im planning the arches just to "accentuate" the good looks !! going to couple that with the best looking kit available the LCR.....can't beat oem style

4. G3K

G3K 3 points and counting...

The OEM styling is too good to mess too much with. Wider arches im sure will do the job well but all these different front bumpers etc is just too much, leave all that to the kids!

5. kineticz

kineticz Forever moddin'

Yeah, LCR with arches if all goes well, will look the danglies!!

6. kineticz

kineticz Forever moddin'

Just wondering how the arch liners will fit? lol

7. grahams81

grahams81 Active Member

I'll let you know !! can't see them fitting too well but rest assured i will post up a fitting guide when they arrive.

8. wayne lcr

wayne lcr bored of it now

9. paul26982

paul26982 Guest

well after looking again and thinking, im out on these as its not worth the hassel of moulding these to look right on a R bumper, i want some that just uses the wing, it would be easier fabricating some, looking for a secong set of front wings now too make my own

10. kineticz

kineticz Forever moddin'

Any news on these?

11. vwtrellis

vwtrellis Guest

the wings on a leon race car are carbon kevlar. the copys dont tend to fit that well at all. the bumper extensions get nut and bolted to the side of the bumper then needs triming on the edges. you can only run part of the arch liner as well as they dont fit. the rear archs are standard. a race car leon runs wide track on the front end as well and a four wheel drive subframe on the rear.

12. grahams81

grahams81 Active Member

Still awaiting delivery, sent them an email today and they sent me back a copy of there terms and conditions stating delivery time can be upto 6 weeks...which is ridiculous !!!!

13. kineticz

kineticz Forever moddin'

6 weeks lol... Must be international uber economy logistics

14. Danzibar9

Danzibar9 DERV POWER

Did anyone get these fitted?

15. andy_lang

:headhurt:

Im gona go back to x-sport who have done some work on my car anyways and try sweet talking them again for the front wings to then blend into my facelift bumper ;)

16. grahams81

grahams81 Active Member

I did get these delivered not so long ago, the quality looks ok. I bought the 4 piece arch extension kit & the supercopa replica front wings.
    I am planning to use the rear arches and the front wings. The arches come as one piece right round from the side skirts to the bottom of the rear bumper, that means if you plan on bonding and blending the arches in you will to cut them in line with the bumper join so you can remove the bumper.
    Thats what im planning as i think if there just stuck on they might look a bit tacky.

Im busy rebuilding the engine at the moment but i plan on getting cracking with the bodywork in a couple of months when it warms up a bit.

17. kineticz

kineticz Forever moddin'

Ok mate please keep us updated as when I buy another Leon later this year I will be interested in how this turns out :)

18. Danzibar9

Danzibar9 DERV POWER

Nice one. Will look out for the results.

19. JamJay

JamJay California Bound

Subscribed.

This is how the LCR should have looked (Yes I know, this is a Toledo) from the factory, very MK1 Focus RS-esque :).

I don't think that this would be a hard job, most customs places will be able to add decent extensions similar to this Toledo to a Leon right round from the bumpers and into the side skirts. This should eliminate the sunken look to the head light that the Toledo has which seems to be fitted with completely different wings.

The most challenging thing will be to get the wheels to sit well in the arch. You'd have to bin your LCR wheels and get something wider with a lower offset so that the poke right out. I wouldn't feel confident spacing out OE wheels but about 6cm to get it to look right.

#59 JamJay, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  20. Danzibar9

Danzibar9 DERV POWER

Would have to contend with width restrictions as well as speed bumps hahaha