BTCC Body Kit (North West UK)?

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I'm after getting the BTCC kit fitted to my Leon FR 2006>. The dealers quoted me £1600 for the kit fitted however it seems a bit steep to me! Does anyone know anywhere the north west UK that I might be able to get it fitted at a somewhat more affordable cost? :)

MATT'88

Selling Leon 170 TDI
Oct 19, 2008
ESSEX
Cant you haggle with them?? Tell them to throw in a free Revo remap and then its worth it.??

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
They seemed pretty stubborn! :( The car is already remapped [not revo quality but it does the trick] so not too bothered about that. What kind of haggling do you think I could get away with? Chuck in a free service etc? I was thinking maybe asking them if they'd throw in the bluetooth kit but thought that was taking the piss a bit, lol!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Going by your avatar, you have an FR. Why not just get skirts and spoiler added to the car and some uprated springs? Much better combo than the full kit and cheaper too :)

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I fancy the dual exhaust on the rear though and quite like the look of the front bumper in yellow. Not too bothered about the springs really...

I think it might look a bit "half done" too if I just got the skirts and spoiler....

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
everyone has there own opinion but i think the skirts and spoiler are the way to go...... surely you can get the dual exhaust with the standard FR bumper wouldnt you just need to replace the black bit underneath. If you want the full kit ebay has one here....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Seat-...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

this is the stealer i got my car from and they were really good. Best price i have found for the kit, then get a local garage to paint it

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Hi,
Can you change just the black bit? The thing is, if it's a sake of a few hundred quid extra for the rear bumper, I might as well get that done too.

What kinda price should I be looking to pay for a dual exhaust?

hawtin1584

Oct 30, 2008
Hi, i am doing what your doing i have an fr and gettin the full kit with the dual exahust.
I bought the geniune full btcc kit and exhaust from chippenham motors for £980 delivered anywhere in the U.K, and i am getting it fitted in 2 weeks at my local car garage and they quoted me £450 to fit it and spray it and do the exhaust, so in total £1430, so a little bit less than yours. I am based in the North west, where abouts are you maybe if we both take our cars to the same garage we could get a discount.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I'm in East Lancs. Unfortunately it's gonna be a while before I can afford it with current finances lol, but just wanted to get a feel for prices etc at the moment.
Might have a look if I can get the exhaust done when I get the service around xmas and see if they'll throw in the fitting with the service FOC! ;)

Concho

Jan 6, 2008
Southport
I'm in Southport and went to three dealers for prices, Hobin in Preston, IMG in Warrington, and Liverpool SEAT. Liverpool were the cheapest and far more helpful too. But I bought my kit from seremotors as mentioned above and he delivered it within 2 days perfectly.

I then went to a SEAT approved body shop in Southport called Claridges and saved hundreds overall. The guy at Liverpool SEAT gave me all the numbers to the local approved body shops, he said they just send the car to them anyway and take some extra money for themselves, they don't actually do the work there (guy in Warrington said the same).

Concho

Jan 6, 2008
Southport
Cost around £400 overall for parts, painting and fitting but I only went for spolier and skirts. Seremotors was far cheaper than other dealers, even with delivery and he did the full kit too, so email him for a price.

Here's pics to see if you think it looks unfinished without the bumpers, personally I think it's better without aero bumpers:

dsc01580ep2.jpg

S1050066.jpg

JD_SCN

Hobins, Preston.

Cheers

They won't budge an inch... try that ebay kit, it's a very cheap alternative, i'm thinking of buying one and then just fitting the side skirts and spoiler....so if anyone wanted a cheap front and back bumper?

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I'm thinking of going for the dual exhaust first and then saving up for the rest of the kit. I were going to play the old "I bring it here for everything, spent thousands with you already etc etc" line" with them...? ;)

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I'd imagine after painting and fitting, the above would be approaching £1600...

Also, called the dealership about my service today and asked about the exhaust. Apparently you can't get just the black bit for the bumper, so the only way is to get the full bumper! :(