BTCC BodyKit Jack covers

Derek_k1

Awrite
Has anyone else had the same problem as me, A few months ago I checked my car at work and noticed 1 of the jack covers was missing I found it right enough but the opposite side had fell off and couldnt find it.
I went to a seat dealership for the jack point got the cover for £9 with a discount and to get it sprayed £45 without the vat added on :-o.
think I might glue them in now

Leon Owner

Jack Covers

We've only had our Leon for 2 weeks and at the weekend noticed the passenger side jack cover was missing. We've been quoted £25 from the Seat garage for a replacement - unpainted. Was wondering where you got yours from and how did you get the discount. We had a look at the other side and the plastic retaining strap broke when we pulled it out - we'll be looking for a more effective way of securing them in the future!

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
I lost one of my covers off my K1 so went to see my dealer. Turned out the side it fell off was twisted so got the whole thing replaced under warranty. Excellent service i thought.

May 13, 2007
yep have had mine replaced under warranty/good wiil by dealer as i said they were the only people to work on the car and remove them if needed they fell offf om the motorway i think chris

Derek_k1

I got it from the dealership in glasgow where I originally got the car from just at Alexander Parade..
I also heard that somone bought the jack covers x2 in a pack.. Blade and leoncp11 were very lucky that it was under warrenty

JD_SCN

i'm fitting a hinge to mine when they arrive so they just flap up when access is needed

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
there a were a set of the jacking point covers on ebay for sale, just jad a look but cant find them now (what a useful post!) there are usually loads of stuff like this on ebay and are always cheap

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
Yep mine fell off well one side. The plastic strap is so poor the new one snapped in my hand. Just spray yourself, got the paint matched, wet sand, white primer, wet sand, paint and laquer.

JUS CRU-ZN

BOOST JUNKIE!!
Mar 14, 2008
Yip ... damn things cant handle da speed or bad roads. 1st da left then the right. Bought replacemets (no SEAT goodwill). havent fitted them cos it kinda looks more rugged as is without them. May eventually put them back with superglue!

leonbtcc140

Mar 12, 2008
Northern Ireland
PM seremotors for the best price. I got the full set off him for very little money. full set is 4 covers, two for the front and two for the back.
I screwed a small plastic strap across mine to hold them on.

cspikec

My Driver side Jack point fell off, went to seat paid £10 for a Pair front and rear in primer. went to Halfords gave them paint code got can of spray paint for £10.75 sprayed the covers myself and looks a good job saying ive never done it before. We already had some lacar at home but that costs about £8 from halfords.
Was proper annoyed it fell off only had car a few months and looked so naff without cover on. Think im going to screw these ones on from underneath and glue them. Heard you dont need to remove them to jack car up. So all in all Cost me £20.75 not including the lacar.

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
I got mine from Sere Motors last week and took the challenge of spraying them myself. Got the paint from Paints 4 U and I'm pleased with the result.

This was all done at the fraction of the cost of the main dealer prices.

Once I change my wheels over I think I'm going to silicone them on.

cspikec

Go to Halfords to get the paint made up, your paint code is in the boots under the boot matt to the left. Just Quote that to Halfords staff and they knocked paint up in a spray can in about 10 mins colours is perfect match and results are great saying I did it myself and have never done it before cost £10,75 for a can. You get more than you need in the can bet you could respray a dozen covers with it. I just did a light coat let it dry then another 2 after that but just have a practice spray and make sure your about and arms length away dont spray too close.
Think im going to drill holes underneath to the side skirt so they cant be seen and cable tie the cover on so all I have to do is snip the cable tie if I have to Jack the car up. Saves messing with screwing it on and off or bolts.

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Go to Halfords to get the paint made up, your paint code is in the boots under the boot matt to the left. Just Quote that to Halfords staff and they knocked paint up in a spray can in about 10 mins colours is perfect match and results are great saying I did it myself and have never done it before cost £10,75 for a can. You get more than you need in the can bet you could respray a dozen covers with it. I just did a light coat let it dry then another 2 after that but just have a practice spray and make sure your about and arms length away dont spray too close.
Think im going to drill holes underneath to the side skirt so they cant be seen and cable tie the cover on so all I have to do is snip the cable tie if I have to Jack the car up. Saves messing with screwing it on and off or bolts.

I agree with your solution that cable ties could be the way forward to enable quick access. I was going to silicone them on, although it would be a hassle when wanting to take them off.

cspikec

Just been to local Wilkinson Hardware shop and got some Lacar for £3.29 alot cheaper than Halfords so its cost me £10 for the jack cover, £10,75 for spray paint mixed to match car and £3.29 for lacar £24.04p in total I could of done with in my pocket but did think it was going to cost alot more.
Was thinking siliconing them on aswell like RickyD mention really dont want to go through this hassle again aswell as cable ties.

Dave Roper

Jack Covers

I have just paid £18 for a set of front covers from SERE since my 2 local SEAT dealerships have gone bust!

I didn't get any screws or anything to put the passenger side jack back in, can anybody suggest a cheap (or free) way of putting it back on?

I'm a novice when it comes to things like this!

Cheers,
Dave

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
I have just paid £18 for a set of front covers from SERE since my 2 local SEAT dealerships have gone bust!

I didn't get any screws or anything to put the passenger side jack back in, can anybody suggest a cheap (or free) way of putting it back on?

I'm a novice when it comes to things like this!

Cheers,
Dave

Silicon sealant or maybe super glue is cheaper. Trolley jackstill fits under with it on or just drive onto a block of wood.

Dave Roper

Thats great, i was worried about the glue meting the plastic!!