BTCC Brands Hatch post race thread!

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
thanks for the pass m0rk, i had a good day out, even if i did leave after the last Porsche race, my mate who's never been racing before wasn't so keen on staying & TBH i was a little worried about getting out if it rained (as the clouds threatened?).
but as i said thanks for your efforts & maybes I'll see you & actually get to chat next time.

:cheers:

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Just got in after deciding to miss the last race,

Big Thanks to Zboyd and Mork for sorting, a great turnout rewarding their efforts.

Also, big thankyou to James for activating my Alarm Beep via VAG COM and also telling me of a fault re the Cat. Hmmm.

We had a good night camping, Transporter being the baby of the group was 1st to Bed with his teddy ! followed by Lordstorm ,

Me and Hairy lasted a bit longer, Stella is a funny drink !!!

Thanks again guys

nugget

Lurking in the background
What can I say, a FATASTIC days racing, excellent driving from Plato and especially James Pickford, gutted he didnt win the last race, although he seemed to appreciate our support when he came past on the slowing down lap with us waving our flags. Just hope SEAT have the sense to hold onto him next year.

Top marks to the Marks for the organisation again. Especially good to see Super Z with his SEAT cape willing Plato on :funk:

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Top notch, cheers Mark, thanks for sorting this all out.

Got to admit driving along the south bank this morning **** me up big time, thought one of us might wipe out the integras.

Anyway, good warmer to the super ikes next week.

Only way to finish off a cracking day, off to see Green Street in a minute,

thanks again, hope to go to loads more next year.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Great Day!!!

AS SAID!... thanks mark (and Z) for sorting this out!

was a great day and was good to meet some new faces and catch up again with you mark, warren, tris, kera etc etc.

i feel well tired now! (not that i wasnt before hand! lol) :doh: :rolleyes:

thanks to pete (icecavern) for sellin me his polished S3 strut brace too! ;) :funk:

also mark... u well sh*tted me up when u said... "erm, think ur car just locked itself!" :wtf: :redface::roflmao:

and warren dont forget to PM me (please) when u find out more info on wat we discussed! ;)

top day boys! :beer:

james :)

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Terrific day once again, thanks for to those who helped me bump the cordy after it the battery lost all its power :redface: (did'nt catch your name in the red leon)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Empi5 said:
Just got in after deciding to miss the last race,

Big Thanks to Zboyd and Mork for sorting, a great turnout rewarding their efforts.

Also, big thankyou to James for activating my Alarm Beep via VAG COM and also telling me of a fault re the Cat. Hmmm.
We had a good night camping, Transporter being the baby of the group was 1st to Bed with his teddy ! followed by Lordstorm ,

Me and Hairy lasted a bit longer, Stella is a funny drink !!!

Thanks again guys

wats ur email m8?... il email you a copy of the scan! :)

amos3

Top day, thanks for all the effort that went into it, good to see plato win in the 2nd race. dont like to laugh at others misfortune but watching clios take off was very entertaining especially when it clears the tyre wall. :lol: (hope the drivers ok)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Empi5 said:

email sent! ;)

flashbsd

top notch racing, very pleased, never been to brands before, and im already thinking of making it my 1st choice over silverstone. somehow managed to miss m0rk on the southbank gate, i assume i was too late? the bloke didn;t seem to know what i was talking about when i said where's the Seat Cupra net Mark.

on another note, is it me or are some of the guys off here not very chatty? i found most to just walk straight past you or ignore you if you said hello! maybe its because your older than me :p

good to see pickford do well in the final one, unlucky to plato, its a shame to see the seats getting a bashing from the woman driver and the honda's , looks as if they all have an issue with the toledo being infront of them! even hines got rear ended a few times on dingle dell

ANDYPW

I might be ugly but I still spent the day with him

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
flashbsd said:
on another note, is it me or are some of the guys off here not very chatty? i found most to just walk straight past you or ignore you if you said hello! maybe its because your older than me :p

LOL, i asked someone if they were you, as i couldn't remember what car you had :redface:
don't think we are all unsociable, come to the herts meet as planed, you may be the new guy & feel a little uncomfortable, but be assured you will be treated with the same contempt as everyone else :bleh:
seriously i did think that people could have been a little more forthcoming though (with exception of the guy in the demo new Leon, nice to meet you)

Last edited:

seatstu

Apr 15, 2004
Cheers to all involved in setting today up, parking excellent (glad it didn't rain, might of got stuck!) already looking forward to next year when I hope to get to more meetings than this year. Just trying to think what i'm going to do during the winter?

Cheers again for a thoroughly enjoyable day :D :D :D

ANDYPW

Your right - tried to be smart by posting pic from pc whilst pissed - apologies
only pic of newbie and big nose(Plato)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Glad you all had a good time - we sure as hell did.

couldn't beleive a few people drove right past me - it's the passes I emailled to make it possible for me to spot you :) no good if they're not in the window or on your mates lap......

I couldn't jump in front of every SEAT - but still glad people made it in - reckon we had 53 - which is ****ing amazing.

great racing - the best of the whole year IMO, James did a blinder of a last race and deserved the win. Glad that Howell got DQ'd for his punting of James in Race 2 - he's the Honda T-car for knocking people off I think.

Most excellent race win for JP - showed his talent properly without being laden with the ballast that VX demanded.

Dirty Dirty Muller for knocking Eaves out of race 3, so he could retain his second place. Driving standards my arse. Sorry for my vocab if you were standing near me when that went down..

anyway - top banana day out - and I've drunk too much cafeine, so I won't sleep much :D

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks

Cheers folks you did us proud today, great turnout, and one the team really appreciated, Motorsport Boss, Scott Dennis, thanked us all for the support we've given them this year, it does get noticed. ;)

Spoke to James too and he was extremely appreciative of all the support he's had from us this year, he thanks you all for willing him on this year. :) He fully intends to be back in BTCC in 2006, we hope so too, in a SEAT we hope ;)

We'd like to thank Scott, and especially Verity, who has done so much for us these past 3 years, we'll miss you :cry: and of course all the SEAT team, and drivers Jason, James and Luke for a fantastic year, maybe not the results we hoped for, but still a good season of racing, and we can take the lows with the highs, and still support our No1 team, we'll be right back next year to cheer them on :)

(awards speech mode anyone) :blink:

Cheers to m0rk, for everything he does to keep the wheels turning,m above and beyond the call of duty.

Thanks for a memorable day folks, im off on my holiday now, I need the sleep if anything , though i'll still try and view the forum while im away, can't drag me away. :D

:funk: :funk: [B)] [B)]

Oh and for sportmanship, well done to Matt Neal, first independants British Touring Car champion, congrats to him and Team Dynamics.

Last edited:

Kris

ESTATE! I'm Getting Old!
Nov 21, 2003
North Essex
Visit site
Excellent day!

Thanks Mark(s) for all the hard work yesterday and all year.

I've been the 5 BTCC races this year and Brands Hatch GP has been the best.

$hit my pants in the the morning, I didn't Fancy sliding into £200,000 worth of Hondas!

I also moved my car just before the third race because it came over cloudy, but luckily no rain.

What am I gonna do during the winter!!! :cry: