BTCC Brands Hatch post race thread!

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
m0rk said:
Glad you all had a good time - we sure as hell did.

couldn't beleive a few people drove right past me - it's the passes I emailled to make it possible for me to spot you :) no good if they're not in the window or on your mates lap......

I couldn't jump in front of every SEAT - but still glad people made it in - reckon we had 53 - which is ****ing amazing.

how many were you expecting out of interest?
BTW i think i may have been one of the clowns that went to drive around you, but what with two cars pulled up & a guy chatting through the window i assumed it was just some mates nattering :redface:
top day out boys.
:cheers:

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Agree with all the above. Great day's racing and great to see the SCN line up looking so [B)] Great work Mark and 'Steve' (I'll get your name right eventually Z)

Sorry if my junior race fan cramped anyone's style but he had a cracking time. Hope some of you enjoyed his "dancing" :funk:

Got him an LCR T-Shirt so he'll be supporting the right team next season or no pocket money

PS as Fiona doesn't have an online fanclub yet does anyone think we should give her one? :whistle::redface:..........:ban:

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
57 people emailled 57 passes in my bag. I gave out 47, but counted some latecomers with the SCN pass on the dash, plus some others who just drove right past (mk2 with erm tiger stripes)

Not sure what more I could do to make myself 'obvious' to people other than wear a SEAT top, SEAT beanie & stand exactly where I said I would. Never mind - 47 people found me...

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
m0rk said:
57 people emailled 57 passes in my bag. I gave out 47, but counted some latecomers with the SCN pass on the dash, plus some others who just drove right past (mk2 with erm tiger stripes)

Not sure what more I could do to make myself 'obvious' to people other than wear a SEAT top, SEAT beanie & stand exactly where I said I would. Never mind - 47 people found me...

mark, maybe next time you should some how duck tape a seat to your headf?! :shrug: :whistle:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
anything to add some insulation to my bonce. I regretted the grade 1 all over I did the night before when I stepped out the house.

I was thinking about tieing a banner to something, but thought that people would stop who I didn't want to & get more confused.

nugget

Lurking in the background
Timthebrief said:
Sorry if my junior race fan cramped anyone's style but he had a cracking time. Hope some of you enjoyed his "dancing" :funk:

Got him an LCR T-Shirt so he'll be supporting the right team next season or no pocket money

PS as Fiona doesn't have an online fanclub yet does anyone think we should give her one? :whistle::redface:..........:ban:

LOL Tim, fair play to the lickle fella, he knew straight away when Collard came round on the parade lap, started clapping. I think playing hide and seek with him was the highlight of my wifes day. :funk:

As for Fiona, no comment, last time I did comment the wife slapped me :whistle:

btw, cheers for meeting up on the m25 for our mini convoy :)

Last edited:

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Thanks to you and and the whole family Nugget. You certainly helped to keep Oscs entertained.

Just looked at Warren's pics. Great shots. I particulary like the racing shot. For some reason the background seems strangely relevant. New wallpaper me thinks :think:

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
Hi All,

Just wanted to say that I had great weekend and a big thank you to the Marks for there great efforts for this weekend and through out the season. And also thanks to Empi5, Transporter and Lordstorm for making me feel so welcome when I turned up at the campsite on me tod. Transporter and I both bought new nobs from the SEAT stand and I've wasted no time fitting it.
DSC00255.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

Is yours on yet Transporter?

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
m0rk said:

Stick a flashing light on your head or wear a Vivaldi potato suit - and gate paid for it.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
m0rk said:
anything to add some insulation to my bonce. I regretted the grade 1 all over I did the night before when I stepped out the house.
I was thinking about tieing a banner to something, but thought that people would stop who I didn't want to & get more confused.

i bet u did! :-o

i was well cold at times! :redface:

cupra R con

Normal member
Mar 23, 2004
hell
Hairy said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to say that I had great weekend and a big thank you to the Marks for there great efforts for this weekend and through out the season. And also thanks to Empi5, Transporter and Lordstorm for making me feel so welcome when I turned up at the campsite on me tod. Transporter and I both bought new nobs from the SEAT stand and I've wasted no time fitting it.

Is yours on yet Transporter?

did you pay the £49.50 for it?
i thought about it, but i wasn't sure if it would be to cold in the winter?
i loved the look, but as i said, i have never liked ally/steel gear knobs during the winter months.

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
cupra R con said:
did you pay the £49.50 for it?
i thought about it, but i wasn't sure if it would be to cold in the winter?
i loved the look, but as i said, i have never liked ally/steel gear knobs during the winter months.

Yep, £49.50 using the voucher m0rk sent out, shouldn't be too cold as the top half is a hollow mesh.

jw22

anyone for more bubbles?
Jul 24, 2005
Kent
Mark and co Thank you it's been far too long without sleep (ended up at home on sunday to find that my sister had booked a table in a swanky resturant up town) so ended up not getting to bed till gone 2am then been running around all day trying to get everything done for Wednesday.

You are a star mate hope to see you in a few months.

Jay

jimhilder

Sep 21, 2001
Maidstone
Visit site
cupra R con said:
LOL, i asked someone if they were you, as i couldn't remember what car you had :redface:
don't think we are all unsociable, come to the herts meet as planed, you may be the new guy & feel a little uncomfortable, but be assured you will be treated with the same contempt as everyone else :bleh:
seriously i did think that people could have been a little more forthcoming though (with exception of the guy in the demo new Leon, nice to meet you)

It was good to meet all the people and chat about the borrowed Leon. It was interesting to find that most guys weren't sure about it's looks and most girls liked it. I had 2 very interested people who said they were going to call Westerham for a test drive and they were both families! All I need now is commission :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.