BTCC Brands Hatch post race thread!

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
There must be one of two announcements imminent:

1. "Seat Sport UK quits BTCC and enters Jason Plato into the WTCC to further aid Seat Sport's challenge for the manufacturer's title" :(

or

2. "Seat Sport UK announce 10-car team for the BTCC next year, with drivers including Jason Plato, James Pickford, Luke Hines, Tom Boardman, Mat Jackson, Rob Collard, Dan Eaves, Tim Harvey, Lorcan Johnson and Melanie Healey. Some of the entries will be used to block other nasty types of car (Vauxhall, Honda etc) from passing, and this number of cars is required because some of them will therefore have been banned for driving standards at various race meetings and they will perfrom their antics on a rolling basis." :D

Or possibly somewhere between the two? :confused:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I think Alan Gow will be bricking it - with potentially only V*uxhall being the only manufacturer signed up

I'm pretty sure that they made a fatal flaw in changing the rules to allow TD to run a Jap import coupe (not a UK saloon)

So that will have pee'd off other manufacturer backed teams...

nugget

Lurking in the background
Latest we heard was attributed to Jamie Puig, they're waiting on some guarantees from TOCA about TV viewing and rules. One option that was mentioned was taking the two (Jason and James?) drivers and running them in the WTCC alongside the current crop in an additonal two cars....

Waiting in anticipation..................

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
What with the WTCC TV deal imminent (sp) and next to sod all cars in BTCC

I think that this is a similar state of affairs to 'old' Super Tourers where people won't commit because of the rule changes.

BTC regs have been around too long now.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
m0rk said:
I think Alan Gow will be bricking it - with potentially only V*uxhall being the only manufacturer signed up

I'm pretty sure that they made a fatal flaw in changing the rules to allow TD to run a Jap import coupe (not a UK saloon)

So that will have pee'd off other manufacturer backed teams...
Which is a shame if next year most teams will be running equal cars - Accords/Astras/Leons all to S2000 spec.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise