BTCC Charity Football Game, Sunday 29th October

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Chesham United’s The Meadow ground at Chesham, nr. Hemel Hempstead, on Sunday, 29 October, kick off at 1pm.

More details here
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1123568#post1123568

A certain SEAT team boss will be in goal for the BTCC Wanderers side, as well as Jason Plato, James Thompson and Darren Turner all participating.

If your in the area, pop along and give them your support.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
They Think It's All Over... BTCC 3 - ITV 12

PR taken from BTCC.net

A 12-3 thrashing for drivers from the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship was of little concern as their Dunlop BTCC Wanderers team helped raise funds for the Iain Rennie Hospice at Home appeal in a fun charity match against ITV Sport yesterday.

Eight of the BTCC’s top drivers – SEAT’s Jason Plato, James Thompson and Darren Turner; Team RAC’s Robert Collard and Colin Turkington; Team Halfords’ Gareth Howell; Fast-Tec’s Mark Proctor and Tech-Speed’s Paul O’Neill – turned out for the event at non-league side Chesham United’s ground.

Turkington and SEAT race engineer John Waterman and mechanic Andrew Tracey – who joined the Wanderers along with Chesham’s manager and ex-England player Luther Blisset – all found the net. But the BTCC squad had no answer to ITV’s side which included the channel’s football pundit and ex-Jamaican international and Wimbledon player Robbie Earle, reporter Gabriel Clark and match commentator Peter Drury.

Arguably Wanderers’ star player was SEAT Sport UK motor sport manager Scott Dennis – he had to be carried off the pitch by his fellow players when he sustained a knee injury while valiantly keeping out goal number 11 with a great out-of-the-box tackle.

Now it’s the turn of BTCC fans to win BTCC stars’ match shirts in a special BTCC.net auction that will further boost the appeal’s funds. To bid for a shirt and the match ball and several official photos from yesterday’s game signed by the BTCC drivers look out for more details on BTCC.net Competition section on Wednesday 1 November.

Scott Dennis

ouch, hope your not too badly injured Scott :( I put the mockers on it really didn't I after mentioning the Chelski game. :whistle:

:cry: It hurt at the time and it’s a bit sore now, hopefully no long term damage.

During the second half we decided that cheating was the only way forward! Every time we made substitution a player came on but one didn’t go off! Unfortunately our 15 man-team couldn’t stop them outscoring us 6 to 2!

Despite the score line we all had great fun, which is just as well as we were crap at football!

I think Mark Proctor won the ‘who paid the least money for their new boots competition’, spending £26.99 on a pair of size 13 white boots! And Rob Collard obviously has no intention of playing again as he left his boots in the changing room.

A big thanks should go to the crowd who were brilliant, :clap: to everyone who gave up their time to play, to Dan Mayo from TOCA for organising the event and to the staff at Chesham United. And a personal thanks to the physio from Chesham who looked after me so well when I came off – the cheque to pay my fine is in the post! ;)

Anyone want to buy a pair of football boots - only used once?!

Scott Dennis

Where was Plato in these pics? On the touchline having a fag, or has he 'really' quit now :)

:lol: Plato was there, wearing bright red boots (he paid £29.99 for them). We nicknamed him 'Dorothy'!

It was a very social day, so he had a 'social fag'! ;)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Red race boots for 2007 then :)

and having a 'social fag' to the non smokers does sound a wee bit camp!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
lg_2638_3daf.jpg

Can he not dress himself :lol: Pull your socks up man!

Scott Dennis

Red race boots for 2007 then :)

and having a 'social fag' to the non smokers does sound a wee bit camp!

I thought about lots of gags about 'having a fag' but decided against it! ;)

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
unlucky scott.but we'd be quite happy fro you to come to villa park for a trial.
our goalie is shite,and we're looking for a replacement.
anyone is better than sorensen

Scott Dennis

unlucky scott.but we'd be quite happy fro you to come to villa park for a trial.
our goalie is shite,and we're looking for a replacement.
anyone is better than sorensen

Sorensen has nothing to worry about from me! I still won't be able to move without pain until a week on Sunday!! ;)

Scott Dennis

lg_2638_3daf.jpg

Can he not dress himself :lol: Pull your socks up man!

He looks knackered doesn't he? Truth is he lunged for one cross in the 6 yard box and now thinks he's found (sorry pulled) a muscle! ;)

And James Thompson - well! ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.