BTCC Croft 14/6/09

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Well the Barmy Army is starting to make preparations for what can be described as one of the most enjoyable weekends.

Traditionally the weather has been fantastic and the racing exciting.

We have always camped at the Working Mens Club, but this year its in doubt due to campers attending Truck Fest last week, causing lots of noise. The neighbours complained and the council were called.

So we are looking for any suggestions of where we could camp if this falls through. Fairly local to the circuit and not really family geared.

Help Please.......

parksy

ill be attending croft since its my local circuit have to meet up with you guys

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Will be going to - my only meeting where I get the chance to say those words mind you, so you see why I am so excited when Croft comes round.

I will be setting of about 8:00 with my dad in our car and we will get to Scotch Corner about 9:00 with about 15-20mins to travel from when we leave the main motorway.

I aim to pitch the stools where we were last year on top of the embankment next to Chicane - the rain soaked the grass that much last year the rubber pads on the base of the stools got stuck in the mud and they are still there I bet today.

Empi5, I have a good idea for camping. Where the VXR tent is on the corner, the road goes two ways - parallell to the grandstand on the left and one straight ahead. The one ahead takes you to a development on the right - a farm conversion I think with individual dwellings. In one of those lives the peope who complained about Croft. Camp next to them and make the biggest din you can muster.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
***************WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUN JUN 14 2009***************

Just 7 days to go till the big day for me (my one and only BTCC meeting for the year) and I have just seen for the first time the forecast. Theirs good news and not so good news folks. The good is that along with Saturday it shares the highest high temp. for the week and again along with Saturday the highest low (a predicted high of 17 degrees and a predicted low of 10 degrees) and also, unlike Saturday however, we are not expected to encounter showers. Wind is predicted to be 23kmh from the southwest so hopefully it means it will be warm.

The not so great is it could go either way I think with sun and a few clouds and a chance of rain of 20%. But the rain will occour in the evening or night. And also for anyone heading for Free Practice and Qualifying you will encounter rain.

So my advice is to bring along your waterproof jackets but only just in case (as you may likely not need it with the chance of rain being so low).

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Well if its like last year it pissed it down from the minute we got there to half an hour before we left.
But it was worth the wait to see the cowboy go arse over tit in the mud ,,lol ,,,twice

The only half decent thing that happened!:happy:

They postponed the SCC race.

Fortunately nibbles we won't see a repeat - we ought to stay on the good side of dry.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Chances are you will have got the tickets late last week but here is the timetable for Sunday

10.20 - 11.00 - Pit Lane Walkabout & Autograoh Session
11.30 - BTCC Drivers Parade
11.51 - Pit Lane Opens
12.01 - BTCC
12.40 - Porsche Carrera Cup GB
13.15 - Ginetta G50 Cup
13.50 - Formula Renault UK Championship
14.25 - Pit Lane Opens
14.35 - BTCC
15.15 - Renault Clio Cup
15.55 - Ginetta Junior Champiosnhip
16.25 - Pit Lane Opens
16.35 - BTCC
17.15 - Porsche Carerra Cup GB
17.55 - Ginetta G50 Cup

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Tickets have arrived, just hope the weather improves........

It will be good. I can guarantee it. I have given a report taken from data recieved from The Weather Channel website in post #12 but I have just typed in on the Weather Channel website "Darlington" and it is with regret I say the chances of rain has increased to 60%. But it is only light rain and we won't see rain till the afternoon so I suppose it is still an improvement on last year and the humidity is meant to be 77%.

Fingers crossed though it will change again.

http://uk.weather.com/weather/dailyDetails-Darlington-UKXX0817?dayNum=3

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
You's could of just camped in Dave's back garden :lol:

Was meant to be going with a load of mates but one of the lads is now getting married this weekend. Needless to say he's not the most populare person with the rest of us now for not checking the Croft dates first...

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
what time are you pitching up tomorrow?

Are you talking directly to me? I do get concerned that my fellow fans may not when theirs no quote. In case you are, and if not you can just ignore me, I won't actually be camping. I will be just travelling down in our X-Trail and just pitching down our stools and bag with our lunch in.

I do have good news re: the weather. Had a look at the 10-day forecast for Darlington and I am now able to get a full low-down on the hour-by-hour forecast and itf it is right, and I don't dount it after last year, it says the rain won't arrive by 6pm. By then then, I am guessing, all teams will be well advanced into the process of packing up and and most of us in attendance will be of anyway. So thankfully we will have a narrow escape.