BTCC Donnington - Camping

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Just some info regarding camping for anyone that is thinking about "doing it"

Ive just spoken to the circuit and they have advised that Camping is free, you just turn up. In return you get very basic facilities, ie Toilet and a Water pipe. Last year the toilets were clean and adequate for one night. Also just be aware of idiots doing donuts around your tent, as it is just an open field right next to the circuit ( within Donnington grounds though) . From the trouble we had last year, i expect security to be beefed up, but just be aware.

In addition when you book your tickets online, you get asked for an 8% booking fee per transaction. Postage is £2.95

Sunday ticket is £20.00 link here:

Pay on the day its £25.00

http://doningtonpark.trinitystreetdirect.com/litetickets/ticketselection.asp?t=3

Last edited:

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
We're planning on going to the Prodrive open-day (Banbury) on the Saturday, then drift up to Donington, camp there and be handy for the Sunday race-day. ;)

Do we know if the camping is the spazzy little area right by the Coppice tunnel entrance, or the nice big field through the gates, almost overlooking the old hairpin?

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Paul,

Last year we camped in the big field running parallel from Mcleans to Coppice. I assume its the same again.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
**** heads don't appeal to me.really do like the circuit though. any chance of a tornado fly-by this year?

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
im going, is camping really that dodgy. ...
If it's the big field as Empi5 suggests, then it's fine. Free as well, and with a temporary bog unit. ;)

If it's the small field by the Coppice tunnel, it's small, there's no facilities at all, and you'll need a Kango-drill to get your tent-pegs in :(

killerarmadillo

hey all, never camped at donnington before and was wondering whether you park next to your tent etc on the sat night? will be there camping no matter what it would seem, any more info on camping would be appreciated.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
hey all, never camped at donnington before and was wondering whether you park next to your tent etc on the sat night? will be there camping no matter what it would seem, any more info on camping would be appreciated.
Sure do, none of that Glastonbury stuff. In fact, as it's near Derby, most people park their cars in a circle overnight, John Wayne style :fool:

killerarmadillo

ace, never much fun carrying beer far from the car.

A couple of other things, is it ever a problem to buy tickets on the sunday? and anyone know if say, arriving at the site at 8pm on the sat would be a problem? just guessing that it is a field with ease of driving on/off. Have a couple of mates unsure of whether they'll be able to make it etc. cheers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members