BTCC front splitter, found 1!

c6hut

Finally after a lot of searching and digging, finally got myself a genuine BTCC front splitter, exactly as the pic below:

Know its going to be a bit on the low side, but just the way I like it! (unless I break it..)

Last edited by a moderator:

c6hut

Got it fitted, what do you reckon, not sure if its going to stay on as I do a lot of miles, and the cars already pretty low, but we'll see:

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
arosaracer had one on his ages ago but took it off and sold it. it ended up on a mondeo ST200!

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
that looks pretty cool. Still looks like its a bit OEM which i like. I had a dream about this (after reading it) last night... how wierd is that!!?? anyone ever seen one on a FR bumper?

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
yeah thats the one

mljaj9.jpg

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I think it's what my Cupra TDi needs, standard bumper looks way too high.

It's for sale you say?

Maybe wouldn't be too good on Bradford's steep hills but who knows.

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Setting aesthetics aside - on a road car, a BTCC splitter will significantly increase front-end downforce/grip, which'll create an aero imbalance. In other words, above approx 70mph the rear-end will be very twitchy/light in corners & unstable during braking. :blink:

Might be why the BTCC car, below, has a rear wing (to counteract imbalance)?

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I read something like this on a Corvette Forum yesterday.

Although may vary between cars it said that for every inch of front splitter they needed 2-3" of rear spoiler.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
I reckon you'd only feel that on "on the limit" track driving - braking as hard as poss from 120/130mph with a view to hitting an apex.... I like it on the red cupra pic above. Might look pretty good on a black FR maybe...hmmmm..