BTCC Infield Parking ?

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
BTCC Croft Infield Parking ?

Just wondering if there are any developments with regards to any infield/VIP parking. We never hold out much hope at Croft but you never know.

Check the Convoy thread for any one wanting to meet up before we go in.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I've not heard anything, not sure if m0rk has or will get any last minute info. But Croft is unlikely, though SEAT continue to try for us.

Oulton Park is a strong possibility though for a club parking area, MSV are usually very accommodating to us, but again we'll wait and see.

Last edited:

coatsie

Old Geezer Buzzin' around
May 11, 2003
Co Durham
www.coatsie.smugmug.com
If you remember last year mOrk was still trying to negotiate with someone from SEAT and gave us her name and his phone number so last year when we mentioned that to those 'jobs worth guys' we managed to get into the VIP parking which is next to the entrance - we were told we could park there until SEAT confirmed the infield parking!!!!!:whistle:[B)]

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Heard from SEAT Sport last night.

They have been trying, but despite their best efforts they have been unable to secure any infield parking for SCN at Croft. This is due to the circuits space requirements over the weekend.

They are still trying though and if anything changes we'll let you know asap.

Scott Dennis also said he hopes they still have a good turn out at Croft and that they hope to give you all some results to be proud of this weekend. :)

LordStorm

Did someone say APR?
Feb 27, 2005
MaDchester
Shock, shock, horror, horror, shock, shock, horror

No real surprises there then.
They were pretty guff last time.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Shock, shock, horror, horror, shock, shock, horror

No real surprises there then.
They were pretty guff last time.

Just want to make it clear, that SEAT do their very best for us in trying to organise parking space at BTCC rounds. Some of you need to realise that we don't have a right to any space, its provided to us by the generosity of the circuits if they have the available space for us.

Though I appreciate people get dissapointed by the fact we may not get infield parking arrangements, we can not grumble about it when it doesn't happen.

We always plan it on an event by event basis and will continue to do so.

Just be aware of this fact, we don't have a right to it, its provided to us for free as and when its available.

Stuart83

Jan 2, 2007
Tamworth, Midlands
Any idea if there will be any passes available for Donnington next month? Not really too bothered as the car park's only 10 mins walk away, but if there were any going i'd be interested :)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Oulton Park before Donington. One event at a time, that's how we plan, just keep an eye on the forums. Early July is when we'll likely start to hear about Donington.

Donington is under new ownership now, so we'll have to see how receptive they are, but we've always had a good turn-out there in the past.

LordStorm

Did someone say APR?
Feb 27, 2005
MaDchester
Just want to make it clear, that SEAT do their very best for us in trying to organise parking space at BTCC rounds. Some of you need to realise that we don't have a right to any space, its provided to us by the generosity of the circuits if they have the available space for us.

Though I appreciate people get dissapointed by the fact we may not get infield parking arrangements, we can not grumble about it when it doesn't happen.

We always plan it on an event by event basis and will continue to do so.

Just be aware of this fact, we don't have a right to it, its provided to us for free as and when its available.

Just to make something perfectly clear, I was not having a whinge at SEAT Sport and there organisation skills. I was moaning at the Croft organisors who always say we can't park anywhere, near anything, that would remotely look like favouritism. Yet when you get in Croft there are plenty of spaces available for 15 or so cars, of the same brand if they could be bothered.

Maybe next time I will explain myself properly, if I can be bothered.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members