btcc kit or aero kit or k1 kit

ukreddevil

Jul 20, 2009
Hove
Hi all,

I am looking at which Leon to buy, I saw a 140Tdi DSG Stylance wearing a btcc kit that I really liked with the dual exhausts, but on doing some more research they are hard to find like this, I have also been looking at the fr tdi 170 which is rated better as a more efficent engine and cheaper on tax and of course a lot faster, I have contact in the trade who can get me very good discounts on cars so I am thinking pick up the fr as standard, then try and upgrade that from a base but I have seen so many names for the same kit and being new to seat world when I buy I want to go to someone trustworthy or to a scrapper to get a kit off a written off car, can anyone recommend me places to deal with?

If also anyone is wanting to get a new car gimmie a shout as I can seriously get good deals, last car I bought BMW convertible was up on forecourt for 18995 and I got it through him for 16500 and every car is spanking had, audi's, civic, fiestas, even a navara from him and always pucka...

Look forward to chatting to you all in the future and get some pics on here of my new baby when i can get her..

Dave

May 13, 2007
the btcc/aerokit/k1 bodykit is all the same the only differnce is the exhaust options
either twin one each side/ central exhaust/ or standard position on one side
e- bay usually have some kits for sale but ther not cheap to buy or get fitted
best off finding a car already done chris

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Or get an FR TDi and add skirts and spoiler to the standard bumpers :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The thing is though that not many people dislike FR/Cupra bumpers although many might argue that, on the Cupra specifically, the standard bumpers are a little boring.

On the other hand, the Aero bumpers are like marmite and therefore a lot of people dislike/hate them. Thats the big difference.

Personally, I am not sure why anyone would want their high end Leon to look like an early povo spec model with a free body kit, but each to their own I guess :)

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Thats the thing, the Cupra can easily get blended in with all the other different base spec models wearing these kits.

Shouldn't the top of the range car be individual?

I think if you drove round in a new Focus RS you'd be hacked off to find everyone driving 1.6tdci's that looked exactly the same...

There is a chap near me who's got a 105 diesel with the full kit - even Cupra badge on back.

I'm sure this one would be up for a lot of debate...

Last edited:
May 13, 2007
The thing is though that not many people dislike FR/Cupra bumpers although many might argue that, on the Cupra specifically, the standard bumpers are a little boring.

On the other hand, the Aero bumpers are like marmite and therefore a lot of people dislike/hate them. Thats the big difference.

Personally, I am not sure why anyone would want their high end Leon to look like an early povo spec model with a free body kit, but each to their own I guess :)

us with the povo models done up as you say
have one thing that you havent thats individuality as cars of this spec are relatively few
as it seems every one has an fr/cupra with black wheels like opinions some are more boring than others

Al

Aug 29, 2005
us with the povo models done up as you say
have one thing that you havent thats individuality as cars of this spec are relatively few
as it seems every one has an fr/cupra with black wheels like opinions some are more boring than others

The thing is, the differences on mine lie where you cant see them. I am happy with OEM appearance, and I would have kept the OEM wheels if I could have made them lighter. Each to their own eh.

For what its worth, there are as many if not more MK2 Leons arround here with the full Aero kit as there are without it, so individuality does not really come in to it. Very few MK2 Leons have only the skirts and spoiler though ;)

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
The thing is, the differences on mine lie where you cant see them. I am happy with OEM appearance, and I would have kept the OEM wheels if I could have made them lighter. Each to their own eh.

For what its worth, there are as many if not more MK2 Leons arround here with the full Aero kit as there are without it, so individuality does not really come in to it. Very few MK2 Leons have only the skirts and spoiler though ;)

i see loads of btcc kit leons also, but very few fr/cupra style bumpers and if i was going to do anything to the outside of the vehicle it would be skirts and spoiler.

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
I like the FR/Cupra Bumpers, and coupled with the skirts/spoiler make it even better. More aggressive.

Ive though about the Aero kit, but it looks a bit daft. You have huge big fake ducts/vents in both bumpers, that serve no purpose.
And it doesnt really follow the Leons lines.

This is only my opinion, so dont go getting your knickers in a twist if you disagree with what i think.

Poverty

This is how I see it. Standard cupra doesnt get any second looks. This suits many fine, but for me I wanted something a bit flash a bit more ott looking than the average car which is the main reason why I got the K1 instead of a new S3. The S3 looks too much like a normal s-line a3. The standard cupra also looks too much like a lower spec model, it doesnt stand out.

My K1 however stands out big time, everyone knows when im about etc, people always looking, staring and commenting about my car, have had loads of little boys say wooah or look at that dad! Teenasge boys saying how my car is **** hot etc, all things you dont get with a normal cupra. Out of all my mates only I notice when we come across a non body kitted cupra, but even then I still get confused when staring at the rear whether its a cupra or a FR.

Yes there are lower spec models with the same kit, not so much in k1 form, but its not like people havent made cupra reps either, infact its alot easier to make a cupra rep

Thats the thing, the Cupra can easily get blended in with all the other different base spec models wearing these kits.

Shouldn't the top of the range car be individual?

I think if you drove round in a new Focus RS you'd be hacked off to find everyone driving 1.6tdci's that looked exactly the same...

There is a chap near me who's got a 105 diesel with the full kit - even Cupra badge on back.

I'm sure this one would be up for a lot of debate...

So people dont turn the shopping cars into the hot hatch reps? Plenty of VXR and ST copies about, it happens, and it happens to non body kitted cupras too.

The K1 is individual with its center exhaust anyway, and going by the number sold in its year or so being on sale many people seem to agree that the K1 is the way forward [B)]

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
The K1 is individual with its center exhaust anyway, and going by the number sold in its year or so being on sale many people seem to agree that the K1 is the way forward [B)]

Unless you go onto the Seat UK website and order the bodykit with centre exhaust ;)

1P1071061D.jpg

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
[I said:
Poverty;2528344]This is how I see it. Standard cupra doesnt get any second looks. This suits many fine, but for me I wanted something a bit flash a bit more ott looking than the average car which is the main reason why I got the K1 instead of a new S3. The S3 looks too much like a normal s-line a3. The standard cupra also looks too much like a lower spec model, it doesnt stand out.

My K1 however stands out big time, everyone knows when im about etc, people always looking, staring and commenting about my car, have had loads of little boys say wooah or look at that dad! Teenasge boys saying how my car is **** hot etc, all things you dont get with a normal cupra. Out of all my mates only I notice when we come across a non body kitted cupra, but even then I still get confused when staring at the rear whether its a cupra or a FR
[I said:
=QUOTE][/I]

I'm not disputing the K1's look or individuality. I think it looks great. I think the fact that any bottom of the range model can be made to look virtually the same from the factory is sh*t in my opinion. Ford and Citroen as you mention don't offer 'off the shelf' bodykits that make their low end models look like ST's and VTS's. You'd have to buy an aftermarket job that would look crap. Or source all the stuff from a third party.

Little boys and kids :confused:

Last edited:

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
yea i like the look of the k1 kit front bumper but the back is the worse bumper i have ever seen!! i asked ted johnson how much the spoiler/side skirts were, fitted and painted and they were £650!!!!!!! not cheap.... anyone know where i can get these done cheaper? and can i fit myself, are they easy to fit?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Phone around body shops, and buy the parts from Seremotors or somewhere that is likely to sell them for less than the local main stealer.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.