BTCC Side Skirts On FR

Dawg Primo

Sep 16, 2007
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Conscidering putting the side skirts from the BTCC body kit onto my Leon FR.

Already got the rear spoiler.

Any body out there already done it, if so have you got any pics?

Not going the whole hog with the complete kit, not sure whether the skirts would go with the FR bumpers?

Your opinions please.

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Quite a few people here have added the side skirts onto the FR (if you dig about there are some pictures too)
I think adding the side skirts to the FR makes it look a whole lot better.
Alex

Dawg Primo

Sep 16, 2007
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Thanks, that's very kind of ya.

They do look good on the pics too, tho would like to see them in the flesh.

Did you have them fitted when you bought it new, be interesting to hear if you had the same problems as I did with my rear spoiler, took my supplying dealer 3 new rear spoilers to get it right!!

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com
Not on a fr but a cupra but you gety the idea

IMG_0145.jpg

TDI PEP

LEON MKII FR TDi
Apr 22, 2002
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Visit site
Yes had them fitted from new. The dealer did say they had changed body shop as they were having problems with poor quality paint/fitment from the last one.

For me the fitment looks fine and paint is good.

Scottie2510

Sep 6, 2007
Wrighty, will you post pics. I'm awaiting delivery of my candy white and would like to see what its like with the skirts. How long have you waited for your car Wrighty?

Wrighty

Aug 21, 2005
Derbyshire
ordered it in august, and hopefully be with me towards end of november, still waiting for a delivery date but would think total of around 16weeks from ordering to collecting it, allowing for the factory closing throughout august.

Scottie2510

Sep 6, 2007
That makes me feel better. I ordered mine end of August. Awaiting build date and delivery date like yourself.

Post the pics when you've got it I'll be interested to see it

Dawg Primo

Sep 16, 2007
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Thanks for the pics gents, gotta say the skirts do improve the looks of the car no end. Thanks for ya help, think i'm gonna invest in some.

The dealer who fitted me spoiler swopped bodyshop too, after the first 2 failed attempts. Have to say it is spot on now.

Sounds to me that we bought our FR's from the same dealer, the young lady who sold me the FR really looked after me, sorting out the few niggles after I took delivery.

Any of you Ilkeston area guys fancy meeting up locally to chew the fat?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.