BTCC Thruxton 26/4/09

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Hopefully you have all got the thrills and spills out of the way from Brands, and its onto the next one.

We intend to claim Seat Hill, early Sunday morning and look forward to seeing you all there.

Those foolish enough will be camping again, and bring on the Wii Championship.

Just back from a glorious day testing yesterday...bit slippery early but you are in for a treat on the curbs...those who have not worked out the line are going to have a VERY expensive weekend (hopefully not us...fingers crossed).

Can't believe how different it is from Touring Cars....might as well be a different circuit!

stevoibizacupra

Mar 22, 2007
Bath
im in. where can I buy tickets online? or shall I just pay on the gate? I seem to remember a load of seats parking on the bank when I used to go a few years back, is this still the case, like at brands?

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Phil

Are you going for both days? If so are you 'camping' :)cartman:) it up, or are you staying in a travel lodge / hotel?

When we turn up do we need to be able to show anything from YRC to ensure the marshalls let us into YRC VIP parking?

Hmmmm yes we are camping, madness !

I think you need to apply to Hannah at YRC to obtain a parking pass.

This was Hannahs post

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=215001&highlight=thruxton

By joining YRC this will provide a discount code, which you use when purchasing tickets for £19.00

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Hmmmm yes we are camping, madness !

I think you need to apply to Hannah at YRC to obtain a parking pass.

This was Hannahs post

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=215001&highlight=thruxton

By joining YRC this will provide a discount code, which you use when purchasing tickets for £19.00

Thanks Phil, hope the weather is better for you than today (touted by the weather people as the hottest day of the year). Maybe on Mars, but not near any county I'm living in. As much as I want to unpack the plastic wrapping from our tent ahead of our camping weekend in mid May, I might wuss out and crash at home as its not far up the road.

sops

Ticket is in my grubby hands so will see you all on Seat Hill on the Sunday.

Nick.

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Have my ticket for Sunday and may turn up Sat afternoon for quailfying and first Races if work allows. Looking forward to more flags. How about " Bye Bye VRX " :wave: ;)

By popular demand there will be the usual mini CONVOY in from BARTON STACEY SERVICES A.303 Westbound . Meet for 8.30ish departure to Thruxton. Little Chef available for pitstop and butties for the long distance traveller, though stop at Popham a few miles earlier for Heston Bloomin EcK food.

YRC parking passholders to Car Park B (teams) Apply to Hannah by e mail as per post 13 otherwise advance ticket holders should be directed to car park A.

No doubt we will join the Barmy Army on the complex hill in due course. First race is G50 (go Fulvio) at 10.45

Add name to list for convoy:-

1) Timthe brief
2) Sops?
3) Icecavern?

Last edited:
Passes in the post guys!

Anyone else who hasn't yet bought tickets for Thruxton...you'll get a £22 saving off a pair for Sunday of you join YourRacingCar.com today! Plus you'll get your YRC parking pass (Saturday and Sunday incidentally).

Looking forward to it already... bound to be a big one this weekend!

H

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Passes in the post guys!

Anyone else who hasn't yet bought tickets for Thruxton...you'll get a £22 saving off a pair for Sunday of you join YourRacingCar.com today! Plus you'll get your YRC parking pass (Saturday and Sunday incidentally).

Looking forward to it already... bound to be a big one this weekend!

H

Fantastic. Good news, looking forward to seeing the car down there.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Whats happened to this mini heat wave ! Forecast for Thruxton this weekend is heavy rain...... Hi De Hi Campers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.