BTCC - Thruxton Sunday - The Big Day

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Gutted :( But SEAT have been brilliant all year and they will never be losers in our eyes. Great campaign this year, and Plato was fantastic all season. The team title is true and proper and no other team is more deserving in my opinion.

Neal's antics took the shine off that race for me, totally out of order and ruined what could of been a classic battle.

Hope Mike Jordan is ok, shame the race ended as it did and we didn't get that last lap. But i think we all knew it was a foregone conclusion at that point.

Roll on 2008. Diesel Power will rule. :D

Fife Flyer

Matt Neal what a Tw*T

No love lost between Jason and Matt, he made a huge difference to the outcome of the last lap!

Superb driving though!

chriswilks

Astra CDTi track car
Jun 3, 2007
warrington cheshire
what a ****** neal is!thats a joke its like match fixing!!he had no reason to let the vauxhalls past so dont see why he should have done.
vectras winning....like a taxi racing!!gio was rapid tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:

FLK

May 14, 2005
UK, Staffordshire
At least Plato finished ahead of Neal but to be honest the race was lost after Plato's poor start. I'd choose Giovanardi winning the Championship any day over Matt Neal of all people.

Hopefully the TDI engine will bring SEAT the Championship next year and rid them of their straightline speed disadvantage.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
plato should be proud of himself for driving after the injuries he sustained and obvious discomfort and pain he was in. Superstar. Great Seat season.

A little disappointed with Darren Turner not really showing up in the #2 car

Matt Neal disgraced himself this afternoon, appauling sportsmanship. I was cheering when plato gave him the ram up the back to put him over the grass.

If anyone had to win outside of seat gio it was, a polite and genuinely honest driver and himself and plato obviously get on well.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Thuxton is probably the weakest circuit for the Leon as it lacks outright speed due to its shape, thanks for designing a poor aerodynamic car SEAT, you cost yourselves the title!!! Matt Neal is one of the biggest and dirtiest cheats I've ever seen in racing, disgraceful behaviour.

JP has to be applauded for even trying to race with bad burns like that, I take my hat off to the guy.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I have no malice or contempt for Giovarnardi, he drove an excellent and fair championship all year. Both hea and Jason have give us great entertainment.

It's just so sad that Neal denied us what should of been a fair clean battle for the championship. Gio would probably of still won the title, but the victory would of meant more in my opinion.

It's just a very deflated hollow feeling i have at the end of a great season.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise