BTCC - Thruxton Sunday - The Big Day

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
It was a good race, I don't think the dutch man brought much to the team never mind. Gio won at the end and like has been said earlier in this thread Plato raced when many would have said no. I wish to echo Phils comments below

"A very big thankyou to all at Seat Sport who have made this season a memorable one, its easy to forget about all the hard work that goes into a season, even the simplest things like infield parking etc for us, all goes towards making it very worthwhile.

Another big thankyou to Mark and Mark, Saul and everyone else who put the effort in, it really is appreciated."

It was a really good weekend, shame I missed the Sunday night but I had to get home apparently the drivers had a massive party as did the remaining fans.

Next year is going to be interesting with the driver change at VXR and the possible addidition of Volvo again looking good.... Also appears that Chilton will be running as an indipendant next year. Looks like we may have a bigger grid. This championship needs more manufactures to participate. The inclusion of the SEAT Diesel as well wll be interesting as they have been upto now in the WTCC. 2008 looks to be a good year overall.

Last edited:

~craig~

Apr 15, 2007
Brighton
I've only seen the last couple of races at Brands and Thruxton but it has been really great racing! I'm actually quite sad that it's all over until next year :cry:

I think I will make more of an effort to travel to as many as possible next season. Thanks to mork and everyone else involved for sorting the freebies and everthing else they do! :D

nibbles

And Impreza
14102007188.jpg

the yellow faced man has been unveiled

Bassedout

Back to Blue with a Turbo
Feb 27, 2005
North Wales
Sounds like you lot had fun.... videos sound like a good idea.
I was glued to the telly in work (SSHHH!!! don't tell the boss)
There was a brilliant shot of the seat hospitality sweet, I was jealous.

Well done to seat and the drivers, was a fantastic seasons racing.
Gio deserved it. At least JP can now relax and get better. Fair lay to the lad.
Roll on 2008, getting excited already.......

Cheers
Phil

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Taken from BTCC.net. Im sorry, its funny....

lato-Neal feud re-ignited

Jason Plato has slammed Matt Neal’s actions in Sunday’s Dunlop British Touring Car Championship’s title-deciding final round at Thruxton, but Team Halfords’ outgoing champion has responded saying a fault with his car affected his driving.

Neal appeared to put up little resistance against Plato’s title rival Fabrizio Giovanardi and Vauxhall team-mate Tom Chilton as they both swept past him in the opening laps.

But when Plato tried to overtake Neal’s Team Halfords Honda there was suddenly a much sterner defence, this costing the SEAT driver valuable ground to Giovanardi who went on to win the title.

Talking to radio show Tin Top Tuesday, Plato said he believed Neal’s actions to have been deliberate. He told listeners: “I’m incensed for one reason. I take criticism for being aggressive, but every time I’m in a racing car I give 110 per cent and drive forward. That’s what the fabric of a racing driver should be, even if we’ve only got three wheels left on our wagon.

“What Matt did was disgusting. I think it goes against what racing drivers are. His race pace suggests he was the quickest bloke out there so for him to toss away third in the championship with the intent of just screwing me up was deplorable. That’s why I dislike him.”

Plato said he believed that Neal’s actions would turn people against him in the long run.

He added: “It’s a debate that has got everyone’s heckles right up in the air. I’m pleased he’s done it because his true colours have come out. He doesn’t race with the style, passion and the heart that people should do.”

But Neal, who is joining Vauxhall for 2008, said a malfunction with his Honda meant he was left with no choice but to let Giovanardi and Chilton through while he figured out how to drive around the problem.

Neal said: “I wanted to keep it clean because there was a title fight going on. A lot more goes on than my personal opinion and Jason’s opinion of me. I do what I’m told. Fabrizio, I let him go. I wasn’t happy. Tom I was not going to let go at all. But my gear lever had broken. I sensed that Tom and Jason were going to do me. My car was cutting out down straights.

“I was worried Tom was going to run into the back of me so he came past. But then I figured how to drive the car with this problem. I wanted to get Tom back! I wanted a podium. I fought for every place I could

Deleted member 7729

Sounds BULL to me

Couldn't agree more.. Roll on 2008 and hope Matt takes a brusing.. Fab will still beat Matt IMO

I'm just wanting JP to do what Darren Turner has done, head off for some racing at Le Mans :)

<OWEN>

no smoke, no poke
Oct 16, 2007
york
it was funny when JP just decided to ram Neal off the road

I'm just wondering who the second team halfords driver will be they've already said Shedden is staying.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
it was funny when JP just decided to ram Neal off the road

I'm just wondering who the second team halfords driver will be they've already said Shedden is staying.

Whoever it is pound to a penny it will be someone who gets bullied by Neal Jnr.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.