Buh bye 55 plate Boxster S

luke

Sep 30, 2004
Hants
Had some fun coming back from work today with a brand new Boxster S. I could tell he was getting really pissed off with the car in front holding him up in the fast lane (I was behind him). We came off the next roundabout and he took off like a bat out of hell. By this point I was thinking uh-oh but I kept right behind him and we got held up again behind another car. When it moved out of the way this time I was ready (right in the power band in 3rd). Stuck right behind him and we came to a long sweeping left hand bend. He drifted over into the slow land and I gradually pulled past him! Ok so it wasn't a dead straight bit of road but a win is a win! ;)

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
Si said:
Boxster driver loses again :lol:

These poor excuses for Porsche's are just laughable :funk:

Bit harsh, throw in some corners and they would leave most cars mind. Straight line they are not that quick, it was greatly ammusing overtaking them in the LCR!

Even more so doing it to "proper" Porsche's now ;)

Si

Southern MoFo!
Aug 21, 2003
Bournemouth
www.westover.org.uk
225 said:
Bit harsh, throw in some corners and they would leave most cars mind. Straight line they are not that quick, it was greatly ammusing overtaking them in the LCR!

Even more so doing it to "proper" Porsche's now ;)

Just my opinion of course.
Its the only porker I don't like at all!

Yes will handle well but the typical Boxster driver can't drive really!
(again just my opinion [B)] )

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
yes but we are talking once moving not traffic light grand prix, I used to quite happily overtake boxters on the straights and there was not a great deal in it with a S. Twisties, 0-60 and 10 miles of tarmiac to get Vmax then they will be faster but through the gears upto where aerodynamics plays a bigger part they are easily remaped LCR speeds.

Deleted member 2698

NickP said:
I would have considered 167mph and 0-62 in 5.5 fairly quick? :confused:

About the same as a LCR it would seem. Maybe he was pulling into a petrol station?

luke

Sep 30, 2004
Hants
slim_boy_fat said:
You LCR drivers been on the night nurse again!!!!
Having been in a 2.5 Boxster, 2.7 Boxster and a Boxster S, I wasn't that surprised to beat him. A remapped LCR will waste a 2.5 Boxster, be marginally quicker than a 2.7 Boxster and run neck and neck with a Boxster S until silly speeds. He probably just didn't want to put his new car in a hedge but still, LCR was quicker that day.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
i recon a hell of a lot more is down to the driver than you think.
I played with a honda accord type R and WHOOPED it (saw about 50 odd dials along his dash as i went passed :D ) but then my mate in his vectra (ahem) managed to do far better than the accord and stayed with me even edging ahead at one point...
I have been known to lose a few battles i shouldnt have done :redface: as well...

Basically, too many variables to take into account. My opinion anyway

flashbsd

boxter drivers have to be among the best for face pictures :) poor mans carrera ;) : awaits :flaming:

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
slim_boy_fat said:
You LCR drivers been on the night nurse again!!!!

Allow him his moment of glory, it obviously matters to him and not the Porker driver - without driving a porker he'll not understand what its all about.

[flame proof jacket on]

luke

Sep 30, 2004
Hants
LEO LION R said:
Allow him his moment of glory, it obviously matters to him and not the Porker driver - without driving a porker he'll not understand what its all about.

[flame proof jacket on]
I guess a 997 Carrera S doesn't count then ...

btw: If you read my previous post you will see I have been in every Boxster (except the new shape one). I have a friend who is a BIG Porsche fan.

SmiffyLCR

EBONY BLACK LCR
Apr 21, 2005
Grimsby
luke said:
Had some fun coming back from work today with a brand new Boxster S. ;)

Good on yer mate :D Just read all the posts to boxster_s and replied to it.

Guess you must have really pi553d him off.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.