Build week for new Cupra 290's

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Had my build week confirmed as week 38. Same as when I ordered the car 1st week of July.

Me too - still week 39 for me.

I've a feeling that by mid-November there's going to be an awfully large amount of Cupra's floating around! I'm hoping it's not going to be the same as when the Golf-R deals came out making almost every other car I see on the road today...

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
I thought that too, I've seen a handful whilst out and about, saw a nice red one Tuesday at Hinkley Island, looked awesome.

I reckon mid November they be everywhere :(

Last edited:

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I wanted an Alor blue one, but my wife vetoed the decision! I currently have an inferno orange Megane 225 and she didn't want another car that stands out so much on the school run. She also doesn't like the pops and bangs from my Meganes mid-box chopped exhaust so was looking forward to a more quiet exhaust. I haven't exactly told her that the new 290's come without a mid-box and pops and bangs on the overrun. Oh well.....

SAINTDP

Aug 19, 2016
I wanted an Alor blue one, but my wife vetoed the decision! I currently have an inferno orange Megane 225 and she didn't want another car that stands out so much on the school run. She also doesn't like the pops and bangs from my Meganes mid-box chopped exhaust so was looking forward to a more quiet exhaust. I haven't exactly told her that the new 290's come without a mid-box and pops and bangs on the overrun. Oh well.....

I used to have a Inferno 225, loved it!!

I finally got my build week of Wk38, so looks like the start of October for my delivery too

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I used to have a Inferno 225, loved it!!

I finally got my build week of Wk38, so looks like the start of October for my delivery too

I've still not seen another inferno 225 on the road!

The money that would have to be thrown at RS Tuning in Leeds to make the 225 even close to the Cupra would be far, far, faaaaaar too much - but people still do.

SAINTDP

Aug 19, 2016
Mine was a phase 1 front, 05 Reg. Traded it in for a Clio R27 which was just as good.

Had to get rid of that when we had a child, he is 6 now so daddy can have his toy back.

That's why I have ordered a Cupra, had to get a five door though :rolleyes:

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I planned ahead when buying a 5-door, knowing that we'd probably keep it in the future rather than trade it in. Passengers are still surprised with the Meg's turn of pace as they all just assume it's a 1.6 petrol with about 12 bhp. They'll be even more surprised in the Cupra when they realise it's not the 1.2 petrol or 1.6 derv!

WhiteCupra290

Forrest H
Jul 31, 2016
Fife, Scotland
Well my build week was this week past, confirmed it will arrive on the ferry on the 19th, to be at the dealer and ready for me to collect non later than he weekend of the 24th/25th hope this helps with turnaround times from build to dealer

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
What build week? 35 or 36 and do you know what port it's coming into, mine was bw35, it's built and as of last week waiting in Spanish docks but even so dealer told me it will be at least 4wks

WhiteCupra290

Forrest H
Jul 31, 2016
Fife, Scotland
What build week? 35 or 36 and do you know what port it's coming into, mine was bw35, it's built and as of last week waiting in Spanish docks but even so dealer told me it will be at least 4wks

Build week 36, was built Monday, and phoned to check on updates so my dealership phoned and confirmed port arrival of 19th, I think it all depends on your dealership allowance and stuff, didn't ask what port as I just assumed somewhere in the U.K.

jamie-h

Jul 9, 2014
I only ordered beginning of this week but does anyone realistically think I will see it before Christmas? :think::shrug:

Last edited:

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
I only ordered beginning of this week but does anyone realistically think I will see it before Christmas? :think::shrug:

Well I ordered the first week in August and was told an estimate of between 11 and 14 weeks so assuming it is worst case 14 weeks for you that takes you to week 50 (week beginning 18th December)...............a bit close to xmas for comfort!!!:blink:

ganticus

May 5, 2014
I ordered mine from an online Broker on the 12th August. When would it be reasonable to ask them to get me the 'S' reference number so I can get the build date confirmed with Seat CS?

Thanks,

g

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
Well for those in bw35 poss 36 as well, they are currently on board the 'verona' carrier ship due in sheerness on the 18th although just tracked it and says 17th

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
Just had an email from the dealer and mine is in the factory being prepped for build (so I assume next week is the build week.......week 38??).

I haven't bothered getting order numbers or anything from the dealer as I am only 6 weeks in to my wait.

Order was a Cupra 290 Black Edition 5dr, Dynamic Grey with ACC. I ordered first week in August.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise