Build week for new Cupra 290's

Sprog-83

Apr 15, 2015
Birmingham
I have just spoke to the dealers as I was starting to get inpatient regarding when I shall be receiving my 290.

They seemed reluctant to give me the order number for some reason so I didn't push for it but they did confirm it was being built next week BW38 I assume and that they should receive it 3-4 weeks after this. I placed order 1st week of July.

I am now thinking have they just said that to fob me off? Any ways I'm now lowering my expectations of an early delivery date and will continue to keep sulking till it eventually arrives. Roll on October.....ish maybe November

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
I had to push for it from Central Vehicle Leasing, but they gave it to me after a politely pointed out that they would get fairly pi$$ed at me ringing them every day to find out how everything was getting on.
Seat Customer services told me everything I needed to know once I had it, and CVL sent an email today confirming my build week 39 slot. Thing is, ive known that for two weeks already!

Sprog-83

Apr 15, 2015
Birmingham
I had to push for it from Central Vehicle Leasing, but they gave it to me after a politely pointed out that they would get fairly pi$$ed at me ringing them every day to find out how everything was getting on.

Seat Customer services told me everything I needed to know once I had it, and CVL sent an email today confirming my build week 39 slot. Thing is, ive known that for two weeks already!

Fair play. What sort of time scale have they given you post build to delivery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 29, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Just had an email update from CVL (they must be updating everyone) - saying still unconfirmed build week 39.

It will be a genuine surprise when the car turns up, as ive been given a different bw every time ive chased it.[:@]

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Anyone else's Cupra being built this week. I'm hoping there wasn't a fiesta on over the weekend and the guys don't have a hangover

SAINTDP

Aug 19, 2016
My build week this week too.

Think this is the longest I have had to wait for a car before!!!!

AlexG

Feb 26, 2008
arrghhhhhh Im excited now!

I just called Seat Customer services with my order number.
My car (which had a build week of 37) left Barcalona on 12th (which is actually the start of week 37) and is due to dock in the Port of Tyne on 22nd Sept.
Then 7-10 days from port to collection from dealer.

He wasnt able to tell me the name of the ship though :(

EDIT:
I have just been playing about looking what ships have come from where on the way to Port of Tyne. Ship name i have come up with is "City of Barcalona"
Seems the guy I spoke to was confused, this ship left Santander on 12th :)

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/CITY-OF-BARCELONA-IMO-9046368-MMSI-233234000

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Did you just ring the general seat customer services number? I might do the same tomorrow and make sure mines still scheduled for next week!

CupraC

Aug 26, 2016
Did you just ring the general seat customer services number? I might do the same tomorrow and make sure mines still scheduled for next week!

Yes I rang them this morning, you just need your order number. Mine has confirmed bw40 for Cupra BE SC.

AlexG

Feb 26, 2008

0500 222222 was the number I rang :)

SAINTDP

Aug 19, 2016
Stealer has just phoned me. My car is BUILT!!!!!

Should hopefully have it by the 1st week of Oct [B)]

AlexG

Feb 26, 2008
Stealer has just phoned me. My car is BUILT!!!!!

Should hopefully have it by the 1st week of Oct [B)]

do you have your SEAT order number? If not get it from the dealer and phone the customer services number above for more detailed progress info ;)

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
My dealer rang this morning to confirm to me that it was getting built next week and due mid October

Sprog-83

Apr 15, 2015
Birmingham
Seat rang me yesterday and told me not to bother expecting my car when it was due (bw39) so mid October. As you can imagine my face dropped and I was about to go angry bear. He then told me that how does one without the spec you ordered sound instead again were nearly at full on angry bear mode here and before I could kick off he started to laugh and told me he had a 290 in my spec but with the camera fitted which would be at no extra cost to me and that I can pick it up next Thursday. Booooooom!!!

Can't bloody wait now and can't fault my sales guy has helped me out no end in purchasing this new one and trading the 184 in. bring on next week, day booked off work and will be wales bound to rack up the miles.

nicknameless

Aug 1, 2016
Seat rang me yesterday and told me not to bother expecting my car when it was due (bw39) so mid October. As you can imagine my face dropped and I was about to go angry bear. He then told me that how does one without the spec you ordered sound instead again were nearly at full on angry bear mode here and before I could kick off he started to laugh and told me he had a 290 in my spec but with the camera fitted which would be at no extra cost to me and that I can pick it up next Thursday. Booooooom!!!

Can't bloody wait now and can't fault my sales guy has helped me out no end in purchasing this new one and trading the 184 in. bring on next week, day booked off work and will be wales bound to rack up the miles.

Result. Which dealer?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise