bulb replacement

lloydy26

Hi guys, expecting delivery of philips blue vision main beam bulbs wit the side light bulbs free from power bulbs. Ive been searching fot the guide on how to change them on the forum but cant find it. Would be grateful if some1 could give me some info as I wan hassle free change, ;)

v8rush

it tells you how to change your front bulbs in your manual
main bean and dipped beam are SUPER easy
sidelights are not!

Heh. I've just done mine - dipped, indicators and sidelights were a doddle, but getting the connectors off the main beams was a bl00dy nightmare!

Overall, it's simple - loads of room to get your hands in.

However...

Now I've changed the bulbs, I'd quite like to get them to dip less, as although the lights are a lot brighter, they don't stretch that much further into the distance...

Is it just going to be a case of twiddling the little motors on the headlamp units, or is this going to cause them to hit end-stops and burn out or something when I use the dip-wheel thingy on the dash?

big-bill3

sidelight replacement

I managed to remove the nearside sidelight, by slipping the tip of a tie wrap into one side and a small screwdriver in the other. However I managed to drop the old bulb into the bottom of the lamp housing, so it will stay there until it has to be replaced

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Sidelights can be removed easily using needle nosed pliers - the small kind you fiind in 'PC' cheapo tool kits. Squeeze top and bottom on the sidelight bulb holder and it comes right out. Takes me seconds each side. Without pliers it's nigh on impossible.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Now I've changed the bulbs, I'd quite like to get them to dip less, as although the lights are a lot brighter, they don't stretch that much further into the distance...

Is it just going to be a case of twiddling the little motors on the headlamp units, or is this going to cause them to hit end-stops and burn out or something when I use the dip-wheel thingy on the dash?

I've got the same issue, I'd like them to stretch a little further out into the road. I've looked in the manual and there is no mention of it, nor can I find any mention of it on this forum (perhaps I'm searching for the wrong words...), so does anybody know how you can adjust the throw length / angle of the headlights?

j-laze

hello mate,so the sidelight bulb,needs to be squeezed either side,for it to release?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.