Bulb Sizes

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
I think this would be good as a sticky for others so they dont need to keep posting light sizes.

If i miss any do tell :)

Exterior:

Front:

Dipped Headlights : H7
Full Headlights : H1
Indicators : 382
Sidelights : 501 Wedges
Fogs : H3

Rear:

Indicators : 382
Reverse : 382
Stop/tail: 380 Dual filliment.
Fogs : 382
Numberplate : Festoon 39mm.

Interior

Glove Box : Festoon 36/39mm
Boot : Festoon 39mm
Central Light: 2x 501 wedges and Festoon 42mm
Door Lights: Festoon: 36/39mm
Roof Linning Lights: T5

Some may disagree with sizes on bulbs by a mm or two but the sizes are based on this fabulous seller bellow

LEDs Festoons etc

http://stores.ebay.com/warden-jp2002

HIDs

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/diane-shop

p.s order in dollars and take advantage that our economy is stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
The boot light on my LCR in no way would accept a 36mm festoon, I know as I ordered one by accident :( 39/40mm will however.

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
i agree make it a sticky :) took me ages the other day to find out what the part number was for a replacement brake light bulb.. probably me being a n00b but still handy to have as a sticky!:)

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
1-2mm off will not be a problem.

Its a matter of just pushing harder or opening the terminals.

The Glovebox is the only case where you can´t place a larger Festoon.

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
I got the rear roof light bulbs out today but they dont have anything on them to say what they are? Has anyone changed these for LED's? It would be a real shame if thes bulbs cant be changed. They seem to be wired in to a plastic holder which clips in to the light housing.

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
I fitted my rear roof light bulbs today but was expecting them to be a bit brighter? Its a bit of a shame coz i think the interior front LEDs look really good :clap:

Cupra2505

Question for UncleFester;

How did you get the rear light cluster to come off? I've just been out there to have a look at bulb sizes and I got nowhere. Is it just a case of getting a srewdriver behind the unit and using some gentle persuassion? (Not sure if I've just killed the central locking by pocking and prodding. It worked fine when I opened the car, but not when I came to lock up.)

Any clues you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I have done near enough a full interior conversion bar the roof lining lights. Anyone know what size they are? What type of led etc...???

jiege01

Toledo TDI
Jan 11, 2006
Magherafelt, NI
anyone have any problems when replacing the two 5w5 bulbs in the light above the rear view mirror with led ones. the festoon bulb in the middle works but the two 5w5 bulbs glow dimmly and flicker.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.