Bulb Sizes

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
ye think i will , lucky i have some spares really but not the point

all the others seam fine tho ,

does it depend on which way they go in etc , as i just popped them in and they lit , where as my wedges had to go a certain way

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Yeah as one side is negative and the other positive, tbh i have never got them the wrong way either so maybe they can work both ways, try it and let us know ;)

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
how long have people had this interior bulb conversion installed? any bulb failures yet? how long until failure

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
I've replaced all but the rear clusters and the rear passenger interior bulbs (T5 Neo from what I've seen). All sourced from UltraLEDs.

Anyone know where you can get the rear passenger bulbs? I did have a pair ordered but they're supposedly coming from Hong Kong. Been 3 weeks now. :shrug:

Incidentally, my number plate bulbs are 39mm. I'm thinking of purposefully breaking one of the LEDs on each bulb because they're too bright!

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
T5 are available from ebay
It does say the number plate bulbs are 39mm now :) and if you break a led my bet is they are wired so they all go out.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
lee , got back to me , and is going to post more out , if they come then fair play to the guy

as for number plate lights , mine are extremely bright being 18 leds in a festoon
here they are
FriMar05201839GMT2010.jpg

FriMar05201827GMT2010.jpg

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Wow they are bright!!! They look really good!

I ordered some for my number plate, but I never got round to fitting them and now I can't find them :shrug: ah well, i'm sure they'll turn up somewhere!

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Yeah, mine aren't that bright! I might mask off all but the centre of 3 LEDs in each festoon and spray it black. Should dim it damn by about, ooh, 33%. Should be alright then.

I'm really pulling my hair out over the rear passenger lamps though. I got some T5 Neo bulbs from Hong Kong, but they are utter rubbish. For anyone thinking about it, don't bother. I'm looking around for components to weld in the gap for a brighter white light in the back instead of a dim blue tinge. If anyone's got any advice, that would be great.

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
gonna order that £40 HID kit i think, see how it goes, anyone else used it?

anyone used the hi-beam kit too?

does this kit just plug straight in them you find somewhere to hide the ballasts, any pics of them fitted (the ballasts i mean).

cheers, must look tidy if im gonna do it

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
is there enough room under there to safly hide both sets of ballasts then? you got pics of your fitted under the bonnet?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.