Bulb Sizes

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
hmmm, sure i will find a way.

what is the exact kit you have? is it the dianneshop one?

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
cool, thanks for that, all these kits look exactly the same but in different packaging.

thanks again mate

need xenons to go with my siedlights and numberplate lights now

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
I have been upgrading all my interior bulbs and numberplate ones to LED's. I am struggling to find some LED bulbs that match the colour of 4300k HIDS. I have already gone through 3 different ones in 2 weeks! They are either too blue or too yellow. I just want one that is in between the others I have already tried.

I have had some luck with T5's though. I initially bought some from the ebay seller warden_jp2000 (excellent seller) but thought they were dim. Then I had another look on ebay and found these T5's. These are much brighter!

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
marshyc: I made the same mistake. Still got one T5 Neo from warden_jp and it's like a dim blue.

Thing is, after the UltraLEDs in the front, and bearing in mind that the bulb fits at 90 degs in the lamp holder, I've decided to do something a little different - solder in a direct LED assembly. I've only just ordered the parts (in the last 5 minutes) so I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm also having the same issue with the LED wedge bulbs for side lights; they're slightly too blue against the Xenonmax H7s I have. They're these from UltraLEDs. Which ones did you try that were a little too yellow? They might work quite well with the Xenonmax bulbs.

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
This post includes pics of a modified G4 LED array made to fit in the rear passenger lamp. Some cutting, soldering and gluing is necessary to get this to fit, but I think it's worth it.

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
fitted the front interior light leds today, the 501's are great but the festoon one is shite, glows like a green colour when you look through the cover,

number plate lights gone in too, only to find the muppet who sprayed my rear bumper sprayed over the light lenses so cant see the brightness
so ordered 2 more from seat, came to £12 so not too disappointed.

for anyone upgrading the bulbs dont buy this, get a different one but same size.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220569613415&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

the rest of the ones i bought wee ace tho

Jonezyfr

Sep 27, 2008
wierd, i went and had a look in the dark tonight and they look fine, same as the 501's?

must just be a daylight thing, disregard any bad press about these bulbs

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
how easy do those replace the existing ones marshyc?
i know people have said about trimming down to fit, and not keen on tht.

You do have to trim them a little bit but it's only like 1-2mm on the little lugs that hold it onto circuit when you twist them in. It's noting to worry about and worth the effort.

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
Which ones did you try that were a little too yellow? They might work quite well with the Xenonmax bulbs.

They are the 5 LED tower ones from warden-jp. The warm White ones although I have just got the xenon ones for interior and they seem pretty White. Although most of em do until you put them next to the HID's!

LEON FRredy

Thank you very much my friend :)
one of my bulbs needs to be replaced...