Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

bumper and side strips

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by Zaak, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Zaak

Zaak Guest

hi people does any body know how to get or if its easy to get the front and back bumper strips off as im getting the painted same colour as my refurbed wheels iv been told boiling water for the sides strips

2. DanLewis1991

DanLewis1991 Active Member

hot water mate, be careful not to bend them though as it will look crap

i bought a new set from seat, all 4 for about £22
    that way u get them sprayed, then when they are ready rip the current ones off without having to worry about bending them and stick the new ones on. its much better tbh as the new ones come with new sticky adhesive pads!

3. Altech

Altech Ibiza PD170

You can't remove the bump strips from the front and rear bumpers.

4. Zaak

Zaak Guest

ok now kinda confused you got one person saying you can and another saying you cant

5. great_kahn

great_kahn Spooge

How much did you pay to get side strips done? Is the silver a good match, i know silver can be tough to match.

6. rich3001

rich3001 Active Member

you can remove the strips that go down the side of the car but as already said you cant remove the ones off the bumper.

7. Zaak

Zaak Guest

thanks mate not to worry ay car just get them sprayed on my car the front and back bumper strips

8. Veyron

Veyron Active Member

The ones on the bumper should be colour coded anyway?

9. Zaak

Zaak Guest

i no they are but i want 2 be different and the man that is doin my wheels 4 me said he could paint all my strips same colour and as im goin 4 a dark grey wheels i through it mite look good or mite not but i know there want be some one as stupid as me to do it

10. DanLewis1991

DanLewis1991 Active Member

sorry mate i was talking about the side strips..

i paid £40 mate, thats to have brand new ones sprayed and smoothed. the silver is a perfect match and makes i look 100000x better!!

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]