Buying a second hand new shape toledo

Alanovich

Hi all,

I've decided to buy a a second hand new shape Toeldo, to replace my Ibiza 1.2. I'm going for a 1.6 to save a few grand as I won't use it on motorways much (got a TDi Touran for that) and it'll mostly be used on local trips so the economy of a diesel isn't going to outweigh the price difference for me. I was just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on what I should look out for on Toledos when viewing and test driving, and if there are any questions I really need to be asking the dealer, like if any recalls have been completed, or if there are any model specific problems on a particualr car I'm looking at?

Thanks for any advice!
Steve

:help:

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Are you looking for a new one ?

Dunno if they still do the 1.6, but I'll have a pre-facelift model (red tail lights instead of the newer clear ones) on a 57 plate with 7 delivery miles on it come September ;)

Alanovich

Are you looking for a new one ?

Dunno if they still do the 1.6, but I'll have a pre-facelift model (red tail lights instead of the newer clear ones) on a 57 plate with 7 delivery miles on it come September ;)

Sounds good, but I've only got about 8k to spend, so doubt I'd be able to stretch to a new one!

zetec73

i have a 2005 toledo 1.9 tdi 105bhp with 35k on the clock and getting terrible fuel consumption even at 65/75 mph it is not good i have had the car now 2 weeks and purchased it from a non seat dealer .. it has till the end of august left on the offical seat warranty can anybody give me any suggestions what could be wrong or what i should do next

StuPDi

old guy
Mar 30, 2007
Gillingham Kent
have you taken complete leave of you senses???

i.6 petrol will be serioulsly under-powered for the size of the car!!

i had one as a courtesy car, 2.0 tdi 140, that was gutless enough!! my 1.2 ibiza was more responsive!!

Stu

Alanovich

Blimey! Funny that this thread should pop up again after a year. I've had my 1.6 for a year now, and it's powered just fine for me seeing as I mostly do local trips in it around town. It's been teriffic, but it is about to go in to Band J for road tax next year meaning 260 quid! For a 1.6 hatchback! So, I'm trading it in for a diesel. Although this time I could do with an estate so I'm getting (don't laugh) a Fiat Stilo JTD.

Bye bye to Seats after 5 happy years with Ibizas and the Toledo, but the Fiat is such cracking value second hand with such low emissions (and therefore low road tax) compared to diesel Seats that it's an easy decision. Just hope it's going to be as reliable - I've had 4 Fiats before and never had much bother, so I'm quietly confident.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members