Buying guide for Seat Alhambra

Chunk11

Apr 8, 2016
Hi guys,

New to the forum and currently drive a Skoda Superb 3.6 Estate but due to a new arrival soon I will need a 6/7 seater and I have been looking at the Alhambra.
I had a Skoda Octavia vRS before my Superb so I am fond of/have confidence in the VAG brand and reliability.
I have a budget of around 6k and I have been looking on autotrader and this seems to get me an 06-09 plate with full service history and around 80,000-120,000 miles.
I am aware that I need to check all the usual things before buying (cambelt, gearbox, engine, bodywork...etc) but are there any common faults or other issues I need to be aware of before buying?
I have been looking at the 2 litre tdi engine and the stylance spec.

Many Thanks,

Chunk

Chunk11

Apr 8, 2016
Okay guys I have been doing a bit of research myself and the only real issues I can find relate to the 2 litre tdi diesel engine and oil pump failure.
Is this something that affects all engines or is it certain years? Is it that bad that I should consider the 1.9 litre engine?

Chunk11

Apr 8, 2016
Thanks for all the help. If anybody else is looking at buying a seat alhambra don't do what I did and buy a volvo xc90 instead.