Buzzing door panels

Cupra_Ary

Has anyone managed to cure a buzzing noise in the front door panels, if so please can you help ?
Mk2 Cupra TFSI

Hey Martin,
Does this sound make the car sound like a diesel when idling???
Right door normally makes this sound.....
I'm not sure what causes these noises.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
It could be the windows.

I had lots of problems with vibrations and rattles when it was a few weeks old, ended but getting both front doors taken apart and the window regulators adjusting.

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
The obvious & silly response would be to turn the volume up on your stereo...

I have noticed that mine rattles slightly on the drivers side, although it doesn't irratate me enough to take it back to the dealers.

Hope you solve the mistery.

Gizzer

Apr 24, 2008
Hampshire
There's a really annoying vibration coming from my passenger door. I've not isolated it yet as I've never been a passenger in it to find out exactly where in the door it is coming from (a point which my wife keeps pointing out! :D )

Martincupra

Mar 19, 2008
Mine sounds more like an insect , a very high frequency annoying buzz. I hate rattles and noises in cars especially these days with the alledged higher build quality.My Altea had a rattle from the dash board but my Mk1 leon 20vt was flawless.
It`s going back to the stealers ,cause the passenger seat rattles when no one is sat in it ! DOH!

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Mine sounds more like an insect , a very high frequency annoying buzz. I hate rattles and noises in cars especially these days with the alledged higher build quality.My Altea had a rattle from the dash board but my Mk1 leon 20vt was flawless.
It`s going back to the stealers ,cause the passenger seat rattles when no one is sat in it ! DOH!

High build quality... I've been really disappointed with mine, nowhere near the standard of even Ford or Vauxhall who are perceived as being poor build quality.

I've had rattles from:

Both doors (think this was due to the window regulators)
Clutch cable cover
CD holder
Centre air vents (the solution was to take the panel off the passenger door :confused: ) Think this one is still there but have given up caring.

The dealer seem to be an expert at fixing rattles (apart from the centre air vent one).

Gizzer

Apr 24, 2008
Hampshire
High build quality... I've been really disappointed with mine, nowhere near the standard of even Ford or Vauxhall who are perceived as being poor build quality.

I've had rattles from:

Centre air vents

I forgot - I've got that rattle too. I've not tried it myself yet but apparently it's the clips rattling against each other. You need to remove the front panel around the vents then pad out the clips with something (like folded paper or something(?!) and clip it back in again so they don't rattle against each other.

Kind of makes sense, but as I say, I've not tried it yet.