Buzzing/rattling noise when blower/heater turned on

m22ibiza

Hi

Over te last few days I've noticed a buzzing/rattling sound whenever I have the car's heater/blower switched on.

The noise sounds like its coming from 'behind the dashboard' - suggesting its something to do with the heater fan.

I've googled the problem and a first guess would be something stuck in the fan (e.g. a leaf) or a worn bearing.

I'm not that mechanically minded so I thought I would ask you guys ... how tricky is it to check/clean the heater fan on teh Ibiza? I have a service dure on Saturday - is it best to ask them to check it out or would that be one of those '5 minute jobs' for a mechanic for which they'd charge a full hours labour? :)

Cheers

JMann

Hiya, just to let you know I get this problem as well. If you get it sorted please let me know, would like to stop that noise if at all possible!

aiite_ther_kidd

Hi there, apologies I am quite new to this but I have come across your feed regarding your heater problems and it sounds like the problem I am having is exactly the same as yours. I know it was a while ago but did you manage to work out what the noise was as it is slowly doing my head in! lol. Any help would be much appreciated!!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Hi there, apologies I am quite new to this but I have come across your feed regarding your heater problems and it sounds like the problem I am having is exactly the same as yours. I know it was a while ago but did you manage to work out what the noise was as it is slowly doing my head in! lol. Any help would be much appreciated!!

check if there is leaves in your pollen filter, this is what caused a kind of whirring/buzzing noise in my car when the filter was clogged

aiite_ther_kidd

I changed the pollen filter today so it isnt that unfortunately! Also I have changed the fan motor too! The only other part is the heater/fan matrix I believe but Seat think that it cant be that! Any other advice?
Thanks very much

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
I changed the pollen filter today so it isnt that unfortunately! Also I have changed the fan motor too! The only other part is the heater/fan matrix I believe but Seat think that it cant be that! Any other advice?
Thanks very much

sorry not sure, is it climate control or the basic set up?

MattEmmaKEZZ

I have this, MOT said it was just the motor slowly going, easy to repair if you cant put up with the noise!

aiite_ther_kidd

Hi all, just to let you know that I have finally got to the bottom of this very annoying noise!! Well I tell a lie, my autoelectrian sorted it for me. He told me that it was the "re-circulator motor" which was the problem and that it was basically failing which is why it was making the noise.

He told me I had two options...either pull the lead out from the motor which would stop the noise but also stop the recirculator function from working...or change the motor which he said would cost about £30-40 for the parts and about £40 for labour. Think its obvious which choice I made... obviously told him to pull the lead out!! Who really uses the recirculator anyway!

Well I hope this is usefull to someone!!

bennett61289

Hi all, I'm fairly new here. I have the same problem and it's driving me insane, does anybody have any idea on how to disconnect the re-circulator motor?
Thanks

smiff

Jun 14, 2006
stoke on trent
I had this problem on my leon some of the foam padding had come away from the inner surface of the heater ducting just above the motor kept firring bits all over me as it slowly came away.A bit of digging behind the scutle panel and under the dash and you could find this to be the issue.This also gave alot of vibration and rattling and sounded as though the motor was on its way out.Worth a try and it's free:)

aiite_ther_kidd

Location of Re-circ motor

Hi there, my auto electrican found this relatively quickly so if you have a good contact I suggest you give them a call. It only cost me a fiver for him to locate it and disconnect it - cant complain!!

On my 2001 plate Leon, it was in the passenger side footwell and you kind of have to stick your hand up and have a feel for it but you have to know what your looking for I guess - which my auto electrican did! Be carefull, prob not best messing about there if you dont know what your looking for.

Hope that helps.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.