Bye bye Leon Cupra MK2, Hello Audi A6 S-Line Le mans...

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Well it's been nearly a week and I have promised a report of my new Audi A6 2.0 TDI 170 S-Line Le Mans.

1) General Appearance

Well it certainly looks good as it has the 19" x 8.5" Seven Spoke RS4 Style Ronal Wheels wrapped in Continental Sport Contact 255/35 Tyres. The front and rear bumpers benefit from having the S-Line treatment to give that sporting look, along with a decent sized exhaust pipe at each side of the bumper.

The headlights have DRL's which look stunning and the rear's also have LED's.

2) Performance

This is a difficult one to comment as I haven't really given the car a blast yet as it's still in the running in process and 200+ miles in counting. It appears to have sufficient go in gear, however is not a neck snapper like to Cupra was.

3) Handling/Cruising

It seems to have pretty good handling for the size of the car, however on the limit I would think the back end would kick out very quickly if you went in too quickly to a corner. The ride is a lot better and smoother than the Cupra (I had both 18" & 19" wheels).

The steering actual feels a lot lighter than the Cupra

Cruising is a lot more pleasurable than the Cupra and there's a lot less wind noise and tyre roar.

4) Economy

Well I only bought a Diesel because it was the best deal available, not because I need one. Therefore fuel costs aren't a major concern as I currently only do between 7 - 8k per year.

It currently shows 34.4mpg average for the tank and I've seen 40mpg for a short run. Most of my driving is Urban therefore I'm not going to see 50mpg's a lot. If I get around 35 - 37 I will be happy.

5) Interior/Features

This is the part were the Audi really blows the Seat away. The quality of the leather sports seats is outstanding and the dash plastics/rubber are well engineered as you would expect for a premium brand. I feel that the styling and quality is a lot better and suited to myself than a previous BMW E46 330d I have owned.

The car comes standard to build in DVD Sat-Nav which is a bonus. The MMI (Multimedia Interface) is a pleasure to use and a lot easier than some would expect. It also benefits from a 6-Disc CD Changer which I will probably never use. The car came with an optional extra of the AMI (Audi Music Interface) which allows full control of Ipod's and also charges it. This is 100% better than using an AUX socket with no control which I only had in the Cupra.

Overall I'm pleased I made the right decision and took the plunge for my 1st Audi. I hope that this is not the last one as it totally blown me away.

I know I may has missed something out, however it gives you a general idea of what these cars are made of. Yes, they are really worth the extra money over Seat's.

Cheers

RickyD

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.