Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Bye FR+, hello Speed Blue MK2 Cupra R

Discussion in 'Readers Rides (SEAT)' started by Legojon, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Legojon

Legojon I only wanted a remap

If there was an actual sensor in the wheels (which some cars do have) when you get new tyres you'd see them making sure it was refitted. It just basically calculates when one wheel is moving at a vastly different speed to another. I thought it only went across the same axle. But as above, it must take all wheels into account for me to get errors on both rear wheels.

2. ash_89

ash_89 Active Member

Did you get a fault /diag scan report with your invoices/power printout jon ? , they do a full health check/scan prior mapping .
    Mine came up with a few ignition faults and a stereo earth antenna intermittent short

3. Legojon

Yeah, I got a print out from the health check which was fine (internal alarm sensor, aircon compressor warning). It was also clear they'd removed my intake and a few other bits n pieces in the engine bay had moved! So they def gave it a good checking over.

4. gurpz94

gurpz94 Active Member

As Ash said in a previous post I think it's the way the tcs is mapped. I have a similar experience if I slam my foot down. Generally if I go from 1st to 2nd and floor it from around 3k rpm, when it reaches full boost around 4.5k rpm tcs flashes and I get thrown forward before boost comes back on and proceeds to wheelspin like no tomorrow. If I have TCS off I don't have any of this behaviour but I don't get too brave with these icy roads.

Legojon likes this.
  5. Legojon

Sounds like everything's working as supposed to then. Might give it a try with the TCS off, but as you say, not until the weathers a bit better. Plus, due some new front tyres shortly, so that should help.