Bye FR+, hello Speed Blue MK2 Cupra R

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I got autobrite crystal glass, it stinks but I think it's as good as fast glass which I also have haha

Hoe long did it take you to clean that non uniform engine bay lol its so much easier with a cover on it haha

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I got autobrite crystal glass, it stinks but I think it's as good as fast glass which I also have haha

Hoe long did it take you to clean that non uniform engine bay lol its so much easier with a cover on it haha

Ah, the fast glass is for cleaning bird crap off paintwork! Believe it or not, it says its one of its uses on Autoglyms site. I would never use it for glass lol! The Gyeon glass cleaner is my current fav.

Took a couple of hours, but I was being really careful not to get water on anything. Then a further 5 to wash the exterior. LOL.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ah, the fast glass is for cleaning bird crap off paintwork! Believe it or not, it says its one of its uses on Autoglyms site. I would never use it for glass lol! The Gyeon glass cleaner is my current fav.

Took a couple of hours, but I was being really careful not to get water on anything. Then a further 5 to wash the exterior. LOL.
Haha oh well ill remember that... I just struggle to spray the inside of the windscreen so it's always messed up...

5 hours... That's a quick wash haha

Reactions: kanyewest

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Needed to wash 3 weeks worth of Cotswolds and Castleton off the car. Magifoam, Nxt shampoo and a quick round of Autoglym HD wax left over in the cupboard.

2UUT5Id.jpg

dSuh38s.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Needed to wash 3 weeks worth of Cotswolds and Castleton off the car. Magifoam, Nxt shampoo and a quick round of Autoglym HD wax left over in the cupboard.

2UUT5Id.jpg

dSuh38s.jpg
It's not bad... You've got some building shaped decals on your bonnet... This a new thing lol

I'm snow foaming tomorrow ill try and match your pic with the other half's car lol husband duties begin...

Reactions: Yellow fr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It's not bad... You've got some building shaped decals on your bonnet... This a new thing lol

I'm snow foaming tomorrow ill try and match your pic with the other half's car lol husband duties begin...

Yeah, I thought stuff getting reflections, I'll just stick some building decals on the bonnet and make everyone think it's nice n shiny! LOL.

Good to have you back btw! I assume all went well?

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
ngl i think im ready to join the speedblue cult. each time i see your car i fall more in love with the colour

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Great read mate! Just read through the whole thing lol. Colour is absolutely stunning!
ngl i think im ready to join the speedblue cult. each time i see your car i fall more in love with the colour

Cheers. It's finally going in for it's xmas present Monday. Hurray!

You on commission for selling speed blue mk2s?

Silverfoxxxx

Sep 27, 2018
Looking at treating mine to an Eibach lowering kit for Xmas and stuck on wheelspacers, I read you’ve got 10mm front, looking on the H&R site, are yours the 10mm each side or 10mm across the front, I.e. 5mm each side?
And same question for the rear.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've checked the part numbers. They are h&r Trak+. 8mm each side front (16mm total). 12mm each side rear (24mm total).

Reactions: Silverfoxxxx

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Wish mine had those rear lights, and mines newer than that one, better check the bank balance, again......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah my 2010 R didn't have them lights either but you can add them in... I'm sure your bank balance won't like it haha

Zipcode

Jun 23, 2008
Brackley, Northant's
I've checked the part numbers. They are h&r Trak+. 8mm each side front (16mm total). 12mm each side rear (24mm total).

I take it those were on the car when you got it? If so, it makes me think this was my old Cupra R I sold in December 2016.
I say this because mine had a sunroof and they are I never saw another one with one while I owned the car.

Don't suppose the Original reg started with OV ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members