Bye FR+, hello Speed Blue MK2 Cupra R

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It certainly looks like it. When I bought it, it had H&R springs, trak+ spacers and Milltek catback exhaust. Also, the bottom steering wheel insert is black. Not sure if thats oem, cause all the one's I've seen before are silver.

Zipcode

Jun 23, 2008
Brackley, Northant's
Yeah that sounds like my car. I did the Miltek cat back, (I have the Miltek link pipe if you haven't already completed the system) and also the H&R springs. Yeah, the bottom was gloss black and actually the gear knob was a standard Leon type originally. After 8 months of looking I found a small dealer in Spain who had a brand new CUPRA R gear knob boxed on the shelf and it cost me a small fortune! And I installed the H&R trak+ spacers... again they weren't cheap but I only ever used the best parts and that car was meticulously maintained, including getting oil / filter changes every 6 months! The spacer / spring combo I felt was the best setup for the money for both fun and practicality.

Feel free to inbox me and I'll happily send over any info of the cars history and historic photos I have.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Yeah that sounds like my car.

The dealer told me that exact story about getting the gear knob from Spain. I wasn't sure whether he was telling the truth or making it up to sell me the car. But looks like he was 100% honest. Go figure! I've already added a Milltek downpipe with race cat, cheers anyway. Good to hear it was well looked after. I'm also continuing the 6 month oil / filter change.

HAHA!! Don't let me see my old car......I think i'll have too many regrets!!

Haha, I don't see why you'd ever have wanted to trade it in.

At least you know it's in good hands lol

I don't think I'm being modest saying it couldn't be cared for / treated any better. I've almost spent as much on it as I did the original purchase price. Having said that... today is a nightmare though! It's gone in for the pro-street-s kit / new top mounts / bearings. Apparently the carrier bracket has snapped on the Aston Martin calipers! So currently has no front brakes... eek.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I can’t see why they needed to take them off as you leave the hub on the car

I did wonder this myself. I thought maybe it's to give more space / so they didn't scratch my calipers. Maybe the adapters stick out too far.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Have you got your car back yet ?

I have, cheers. It's literally been the longest day ever. The bill was what they originally quoted me + two new top mounts / bearings. The caliper carriers and bolts were all replaced under warranty.

My @rse is still deciding on final scores for the coilovers. But, I'm currently sitting slightly lower. Cornering seems much flatter and therefore more stable. Small bumps in the road I can hardly feel now. Larger potholes are improved, still deciding, but possibly not as much as I thought it would. But then again, I realise with 19" low profile, steel reinforced tyres, theres only so much magic suspension can perform.

Reactions: Yellow fr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Finally had chance for a clean. Think the ride height is sitting pretty much the same. Although possibly slightly up at the front. Overall, I'm pleased with the coilovers. I mistook them doing nothing with now not noticing loads of small bumps. As above there is an improvement in cornering and I also noticed last night accelerating hard and hitting a bump was a nightmare previously. But the recovery time seems pretty much instant.
KCF5oTu.jpg

uglmPSl.jpg

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Finally had chance for a clean. Think the ride height is sitting pretty much the same. Although possibly slightly up at the front. Overall, I'm pleased with the coilovers. I mistook them doing nothing with now not noticing loads of small bumps. As above there is an improvement in cornering and I also noticed last night accelerating hard and hitting a bump was a nightmare previously. But the recovery time seems pretty much instant.
KCF5oTu.jpg

uglmPSl.jpg
Looks stunning mate a credit to you

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
It does look as if the front is a little higher than the back but that could just be in the pic
Cars looking super clean as always mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Looks pretty sweet. I’ll be interested to hear a longer term review of the shocks.

As said, it does seem a little lower at the back, ideally you’d want it the other way round.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looks stunning mate a credit to you

Cheers. I couldn't sleep at night with the thought of road salt clinging to it. LOL.

It does look as if the front is a little higher than the back but that could just be in the pic
Cars looking super clean as always mate

Cheers. It's definitely higher at the front, when I picked it up they said I may need to higher the rear if it settles any more so it doesn't catch the arches.

Looks pretty sweet. I’ll be interested to hear a longer term review of the shocks.

As said, it does seem a little lower at the back, ideally you’d want it the other way round.

I'm so annoyed at the moment because since having them fitted I've spent a week doing 500 miles in an Avensis and 500 miles in a Vauxhall van (both for work). I got back in my car today and it feels like I'm looking up at the steering wheel. LOL.

It could be my imagination, but I don't seem to wheelspin as much. But I can't really think of an explanation as to why new coilovers would prevent wheelspin.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Lol you may need to higher your seat ha ha
But I do know what you mean while mine was waiting for the turbo I was in a mk5 golf and then a combo van was had to work over a bit to finish fitting the turbo so I could go home in my car was delayed more as one off my bosses decided to unclip a few sensors and my dash lit up like a Christmas tree it’s so nice to be back in your own car

Deleted member 103408

The only thing I can suggest is that the coilover setup pushes the wheels back down quicker than your old, I have seen

Coilover Preload
This one I definitely know the least about, but let me try to paint a picture. You hit a bump. Suspension compresses. You finish traveling over bump. Suspension must expand. In fact, before suspension expands, we aren't even really gripping the road. Preload helps push the suspension back to the road, faster. Preload also helps keep springs in place. For preload, I recommend starting per manufacturer specifications. From there, try increasing in small increments if other adjustments aren't working to fix your ride issues.

as seen here https://drivetribe.com/p/suspension...cZ_sQVmThHxU1iBm3g?iid=Uk6whfH3R-ChEHoPYWY2LQ

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
The only thing I can suggest is that the coilover setup pushes the wheels back down quicker than your old, I have seen

Coilover Preload
This one I definitely know the least about, but let me try to paint a picture. You hit a bump. Suspension compresses. You finish traveling over bump. Suspension must expand. In fact, before suspension expands, we aren't even really gripping the road. Preload helps push the suspension back to the road, faster. Preload also helps keep springs in place. For preload, I recommend starting per manufacturer specifications. From there, try increasing in small increments if other adjustments aren't working to fix your ride issues.

as seen here https://drivetribe.com/p/suspension...cZ_sQVmThHxU1iBm3g?iid=Uk6whfH3R-ChEHoPYWY2LQ
Is there anything you don't know or know how to fix lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise